VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Query Example

Can you give me an example of how to use a query module to determine if the caller ID number (result variable $RV_CIDNUMBER) .

I have an Excel sheet called Agents. I want to query the Excel sheet where colum2 has the phone number of the agent.

If the agent phone number is in Collumn 2 then I want to go and play a sound module and take path a, (success) and if the phone number is not in column 2 then goto module Hangup, (failure).

Thanks, I did see the VB script example. However, I was looking for an example on how to do it directly from the DB Query module without calling an external program or script. If it is possible that is?

If you need to see if a particular value exists in an Excel spreadsheet then you must use VB Script to go through all the possible locations you want to check.

If you are using a DB Query module to retrieve information from Excel then you specify the range of cells to retrieve and data in those cells will be retrieved... to see if a particular value is in the list of retrieved values then you will then need to go through the entries using either a VB Script or a loop of Evaluate Expression modules... just using VB Script in the first place is a lot simpler...

Excel is not a database - searching through it involves scanning all data in range - you cannot easily tell Excel to 'search'... if you need complex searched then I'd recommend using Database to store your data, or for simple searches you can just use the VB Script as shown in the previously referenced article...