VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Ringing Extension

I might just be missing it, but I haven't figured out how to take a call in on one port of a D4PCI and if the caller presses 0 to ring an analog phone attached to another port. I see you can dial out of another port, but I don't believe that will give the same functionality.

Also, one of the options on the dial out conferencing is to specify which port is used, but there is no example of the syntax for this. Can you give an example?

Thanks,

Jim

you cannot attach a phone handset directly to a D/4PCI - to transfer calls you need a small PBX and attach VG to extensions on the PBX - then VG can then transfer calls to other extensions attached to the PBX.

Also, one of the options on the dial out conferencing is to specify which port is used, but there is no example of the syntax for this. Can you give an example?

Specify the lines by listing their "Device Number" in a text file - one on each line.

eg if you want a call to be made on the 3rd and 4th listed lines in the VoiceGuide status listing (list of lines when VG is running) you would just create a text file with a 3 on one line and a 4 on another line:

and specify that text file in the Dial And Conference section of the Transfer module...

You will need VG v5.1.4 or later to use that feature.

Thanks for the reply. Any recommendations on a "small PBX"? Seems kind of silly to get a PBX just to ring the phone. Are there other telephony cards that would do a better job than the Dialogic?

Also, on a side note, a license of VG that supports 2 lines would be very handy. There's a fairly big cost difference between the single line version and the 4 line version, and it seems that needing something to handle 2 lines would be very common. Any thoughts?

Any recommendations on a "small PBX"?

I'd recommend speaking to your local PBX dealers...

Another option would be to have the phone handset attached 'in parallel' with the phone line and have it's 'RING' volume turned off - then VG could play a sound on the PC speaker advising you when to pick up the handset... this is a fairly basic solution but is adequate for many customers... please see threads:

http://voiceguide.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=560

http://voiceguide.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=464

http://voiceguide.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=284

In cases where multiple lines are used a different wave file for each line would need to be played - this can be easily done using the $RV_LINEID Result Variable.

Also, on a side note, a license of VG that supports 2 lines would be very handy. There's a fairly big cost difference between the single line version and the 4 line version, and it seems that needing something to handle 2 lines would be very common. Any thoughts?

Actually we do not get that many customers using 2 lines - it's mostly 4+ lines... but if you need a 2 line license one can be issued - it's just the cost of two single line licenses.