VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Voice Chat Application

We are planning to create Voice Chat application, i.e. application that has multiple chat rooms and number of participants (more than 3) in every chat room. Obviously the implementation requires conference call abilities. The hardware to be used is Dialogic DMV cards.

Can you pplease advice how to implement this kind of application using VoiceGuide IVR.

Thank you

A this stage the support for conferencing or 3+ people is not available in the current version. (only 2 people conferencing is supported)

3+ party conferencing is being developed and will be available towards end of March '04.

If you want you may start developing all the other aspects of your app at this stage - planning on using the conferencing modules from end of March onwards...

Well...., to tell you the truth it's a little bit disappointing :-(

But I guess, we'll survive :-)

Can you send me your alpha/beta version, so we'll be able to develop our application and go public with it right after the official release?

That will help us a lot.

Thanks.

I'll ask for you to be notified when the beta becomes available

Tank you

mexicojhusni@yahoo.com

The "VoiceGuide for ISDN" product now supports conferencing, and can be used with the DMV cards. (DM/V480A-2T1, DM/V600A-2E1, DM/V960A-4T1, and DM/V1200A-4E1, etc)

Will you be using ISDN or CAS (Wink Start) lines? If ISDN, do you know what protocol you will be using? Which of the DMV cards do you intend to use?

Thank you for your quick response, we plan to use the DM/V1200A-4E1 card, in Mexico the protocol we have is E1 CAS Mexico TELMEX protocol. Mexican protocol complies with Q.421line signaling protocol. DTMF dialing is supported. Also provides for DTMF dialing after MFR2 inter-register signaling has completed.

The application we intend to make is basically like this:

A professor will call the number provided and connect to our system. As he will hear the welcome message he will press the star key and provide a password that will let him begin a live lecture over the phone. Independently a student can call from his home to our system (to the same number) and choose from a variety of options that will be announced on the main menu, these are:

-“Press 1 for general information”

-“Press 2 for pre-recorded lectures”

-“Press 3 for live lectures”

-“press 0 to speak to an operator”

(note: the student does not need to provide a password in order to get into the system.)

It is very important to mention that ONLY the professor is allowed to talk and the student is Only allowed to listen , if at any moment the student wants to return to the main menu he can press the * key.

The most important thing that I want to clear up is that the application supports 120 ports. This can be divided in the following ways: for example 1 professor, 35 students listening live lectures and 1 professor 25 students listening live lectures and 1 professor, 15 students listening live lectures and 42 students listening to a pre-recorded lecture ALL at the same time, or it can also be divided into 1 professor and 119 students listening he in live lecture, this also totaling 120 ports being used at the same time.

In your response, you mentioned that voice guide for ISDN product now supports conferencing; does conferencing means “chat”? , how we do the vscript described above because we didn’t see any module in the vscript that allows us to do that.

Also, about this message,

"

Getting Started , newbie question chat line Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic

n4hum Posted: May 7 2004, 10:49 AM

Group: Members

Hi there,

I just took al look at the product features (pretty full of them) in terms of customization, but i didnt find any reference to pre-made application scripts. Is there any sort of scripting avalible to enable typical chat line features (1on1 chat, pre-paid time, messages interchange, user's registration)???

Or basically i have to develop all that by my own?

Thanks in advance for any info

SupportTeam Posted: May 7 2004, 11:03 AM

Group: Admin

There are no sample chat line scritps available - you would need to write your own.

If you have detailed specs on what you require we give you a quote on creating the application for you. Please forward your specifications to sales@voiceguide.com

"

How do we write this chat script?

Thank you for your time.

It is very important to mention that ONLY the professor is allowed to talk and the student is Only allowed to listen, if at any moment the student wants to return to the main menu he can press the * key.

This can be done using VoiceGuide's "Bridge_Listen" and "Bridge_Unlisten" COM commands which are supported in the "VoiceGuide for ISDN" product.

The most important thing that I want to clear up is that the application supports 120 ports. This can be divided in the following ways: for example 1 professor, 35 students listening live lectures and 1 professor 25 students listening live lectures and 1 professor, 15 students listening live lectures and 42 students listening to a pre-recorded lecture ALL at the same time, or it can also be divided into 1 professor and 119 students listening he in live lecture, this also totaling 120 ports being used at the same time.

That's all OK. Each line can function independently, and simultaneous playing/recording on 120 channels is fine if you have a fast enough server (a 3GHz with 1GB RAM would be fine)

In your response, you mentioned that voice guide for ISDN product now supports conferencing; does conferencing means “chat”? , how we do the vscript described above because we didn’t see any module in the vscript that allows us to do that.

Conferencing means many people being able to speak to everybody else in the same conference and hear everybody in the same conference.

Conferencing is not included in "VoiceGuide for ISDN" - you need to buy the "VG Conference" add-on. Please contact sales@voiceguide.com for pricing.

"Bridge_Listen" and "Bridge_Unlisten" are available in "VoiceGuide for ISDN". You do not need to buy the "VG Conference" add-on to use those functions - so for your requirements you do not need to buy the "VG Conference"