VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

No Tapi On My System

I've purchased a Proline /2V card for my phone system, and I'm trying to get Voice Guide set up on it. I've installed the Dialogic drivers and I have configured and started, all of the dialogic drivers and utilities seem to tell me that it's working properly (I ran the Universal Dialogic Diagnostics Utility and it came back as A-OK). Now when I'm reading the installation instructions in the Voice Guide help file, it says to install the dialogic TAPI driver from the 'Dialogic System Software and SDK' CD. Is this the same software package as the drivers? I included everything during installation which I know is way more than I need. But when I go to Control Panel, I have no TAPI icon. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

-Danny

dforbes@forbescompany.com

Great! Thanks for the info. I was looking at that same instruction list in the online help file for like an hour and totally missed the "Note: For Windows 2000, click the Phone and Modem options icon." statement below the "Click on TAPI in the Control Panel instructions.

But I have a new problem now that you might be able to help me with. I installed the Dialogic TAPI driver (TSP), like the instructions say to, and when I click on the "Detect Boards" button, I get the message that "No started boards found. Check if the boards are configured and started." But in the Dialogic Configuration Manager, it lists my Proline/2V as running. The screenshot can be found at http://12.159.65.250/forbes/noboards.jpg

A couple things that might be relavent... When I run the Diagnostics Utitlity I notice that there is no firmware on my board. Is that a problem? Also, would it be adventageous to remove the rest of the TAPI drivers, could it be conflicting? Just some troubleshooting thoughts.

Thanks,

-Danny

The TAPI driver should just find the card when the Dialogic service is started... nothing else should be needed - so I'm not too sure what else we can try doing to make this part work...

Are you using Dialogic's SR5.1.1 drivers? Have you ensured that the "Global Call" option has been selected? It should be selected by default when installing SR5.1.1 drivers - but if you chose custom install and deselected that option then you would find a problem like you have...

How would I go about checking that? I'm pretty sure I told it to install everything, because I was afraid the TAPI drivers weren't being installed.

I've got Release SR5.1.1, Version DNA5, Build 30, with SP 1 installed. I'm running on a Win2K SP4 System.

I'm as baffled as you are, and under extreme pressure to get this voice mail system up and running.

Thanks for the help so far.

-Danny

It's very unusual that the Dialogic TAPI driver (the TSP) is reporting that it cannot find the boards when the boards are started... the only thing that I can recommend is to try the installation on another computer, or try installing the Dialogic drivers again (perhaps with some different installation options..)

The only thing that we can recommend is to try installing the Dialogic drivers again...