VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Pre-sales Hw Questions

I understand that a dialog D4/PCI card is what I need to connect to the 4 POTS lines we have in our office. I have searched, and scoured, and read lots of material, and I am still unclear as to what I need to connect our 4-8 telephones to the system.

Do we need the Dialogic analog "station card" and is VG compatible with this? Will this get us what we want, which is a system that can answer the 4 incoming lines, figure out what the caller wants, and transfer the call to the appropriate device or take a message, and also connect any of our internal phones with a free outgoing line for outbound calls?

You should get a small PBX and attach the telephone handsets and Dialogic lines to the extensions on that PBX. VG will then be able to transfer calls to other extensions attached to the PBX.

VG does not control 'station cards' at this stage.

I'm also a newbie trying to setup a system. I will be using a DIALOGIC D/41E Rev C Card and I have a small 8 station PBX that has 2 CO line inputs. Please clarify, my understanding is that one of the ports on the DIALOGIC card will be connected to my telco line and one of the ports on the DIALOGIC card will be connected to one of the CO lines on the PBX. Also please let me know if your familiar with the DIALOGIC D/41E Rev C Card. I don't know how old Rev C is and if there are any new features I may be missing.

What are you trying to achieve?

Do you want an auto attendant or some other application?

Usually the PBX extensions would be plugged into the Dialogic card - this would allow VoiceGuide to then transfer calls to other PBX extensions.

The D41E card is fine. Only feature you canot use is "Dial and Confrence".

Actually I'm just trying to connect my PBX to a voice card, just as you described. I picked the D4IE card because it's pretty cheap, but it looks like you're saying I cannot use the VG dialing outside feature. This is bad because I wanted to use this feature to do an external call transfer, a feature that is offered by my telco. Please confirm. I assume I must go to the D/4PCI or D/4EPCI to get all the functionality of VG.

If your telco offers call transfer feature then you will be able to transfer calls with any Dialogic card - just use the "Blind Transfer" or "Announced Transfer" - whichever is appropriate..

The "Dial and Conference" option is the last resort and only used if the telco or PBX does not support call transfers...

The D/41E has the same features and is as good as D/4PCI and/or D/4EPCI