VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Modem Sometime Unavaible

Dear Sir,

We already use voice guide one year , but modem sometime become unavaible after some user phone to us , this problem reslove only reset the PC and Modem twice . Can you give a solution to me how can fix the problem ?

I use two modem , I take long time to find two modem to support Cantonese.

What version of VG are you using?

Some modem drivers are not very reliable and will seize up occasionally when used in Voice mode... we've had reports of such problem modems before.

For a professional quality system we recommend getting a Dialogic card...

we use Ver 4.42

If we use the Dialogic card... What OS use ? Can it support Cantonese and provide good quantily of voice because we waste three modem to test the voice for Cantonese, We restart PC and modem twice everyday to reduce the problem occur at night.

I'd recommend upgrading to v5 of VG and using Win2000 SP2.

You can record the sound files in any language... what problems did you experience with voice modems when the sound files were recorded in Cantonese?

(are you using Win95/98 now? If that's the case then the problems that you are encountering may be caused more by Windows then the modem drivers... you should move to Win2000 as Win95/98 has general memory problems...)

The Voice is not continue to play ,For example the number is missing when Use another modem to play on telephone, Now we use two modem ,there are no problem except this program run a long time or somebody press a wrong keys and then make the modem unavaible.

I don't understand what you mean by:

The Voice is not continue to play ,For example the number is missing when Use another modem to play on telephone,

I suspect that the problem just lies in the fact that the modems that you are using right now are generally unreliable...