VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Can Voiceguide Complete This Scenario?

Hello. I am thinking of buying VG, if it can complete the scenario below:

I want the PC to

-answer the call immediately ("You have reached xxxxxxx. For xxxx press 1, for yyyyy press 2, for zzzzz press 3, or please wait ....")

-Catch the DTMF and connect to the appropriate department

-Every department has 1 or 2 numbers that should be tried to get dialed from the second channel.

So while the program plays the message, it also tries to reach the first number in the list. If this number answers and it plays a DTMF (i.e. accepts the call, by pressing 1 or sth) the two lines get connected and the call is established. If one of the two hangs up, the other must get hung up as well.

If the first number cannot be reached and a number of seconds elapses, the program must try the second number in the list. If all numbers don't answer, the program should prompt to take a voice message...

So, what of the above CAN be done with VoiceGuide?

If the above scenario CAN be completed, please send me an email at

V.Toulias@edgetech.gr

immediately. I'm buying your product right away!!

All of this can be done with VoiceGuide. You will need to use a Dialogic card which is capable of connecting two channels internally. This is supported by the following cards: D/41EPCI, D/41ESC, D/41JCTLS, D/120JCTLS, D/160SC-LS and all digital cards: D/240SC, D/300SC etc

Outgoing calls should be started using VG Dialer, and then the script which is ran upon the call being answered would call the Bridge_Connect function which would link two lines together.

You will need the Enterprise+Dialer license version.

Plz advise if you have any further questions...

I am not really interested in buying a telephony card, since I can find a complete (hardware) call center with about the same amount of money... The scenario I mentioned can be completed with most CAPI devices and I was thinking of a solution that utilizes CAPI (since I live in Greece and we use ISDN lines). Can VG complete the scenario by use of CAPI? Or without the telephony card?

Thanks in advance for you time,

Vasilis Toulias

At this stage bridging two calls together when using CAPI devices is not supported. This feature will be added in Q1 2004.