VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Poor Sound Quality With Avm C2 Card

I have set up VoiceGuide (using ComISDN) on an AVM C2 card on Windows XP.

Even though I have chosen a sample rate of 8000, 16 bits and mono, and saved in A-law format, the quality of the playback is very bad.

I am not sure where to go from here to test. What should I do next? I have tried a different sample rate but Voiceguide will not play them.

Cheers,

John

Additionally I have checked the ComISDN settings in Phone and Modem -> Advanced -> ComISDN and it is set to use A-Law.

Even though I have chosen a sample rate of 8000, 16 bits and mono, and saved in A-law format, the quality of the playback is very bad.

The WAV files themselves should not be recorded in A-law. They should be recorded in normal PCM (8000, 16 bits and mono) - you can then set the card whether you wish them to be sent over the line in A-law or u-law...

Have you tried playing any of the default sound files which came with VoiceGuide? ie: the ones that are installed in VoiceGuide’s \system\voice\ subdirectory...

Thanks, I have resolved the issue; I had changed the mode from A-law to u-law (or the other way around!) but had not restarted the PC; this is important when using ComISDN it seems.