VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Need Hardware Advise For A 16-port Vg System

Hello,

we need to add 16 more ports to our VG - system asap.

1) What's a good hardware -specially the voice card bit of it- that you would recommend ? On katalina.com I saw a mention of D/160S which is linked to D/160-JCT page of intel.com . Is that the one? Do we need anything else, like a "patch panel" or something ?

PCNation and Pagecomputers don't have the card in stock, so I checked ebay.com: The ones on sale at ebay.com are much less expensive which made me suspicious: would "D/160SC-LS Rev 2 HiZ" do it ?

2) Which alternative cards (16 port and 12 port ones, or maybe even 4 pieces of D/4PCIs) would you recommend ? Some Dialogic cards are not easy to obtain.

3) As for the PC-hardware, do you recommend installing this 12 or 16 port Dialogic card(s) in a massive server ; or will a 512MB 1000MHz PC do it just as well ? Our IVR systems run 7x24.

4) As for VG-version.. Do we need Enterprise, or will Professional do it for us ? Of the features that Enterprise has and Professional don't, we don't use a.subscripts, b.text-to-speech, c.voicemail, d.ftp-upload, e.activeX. What's "PBX Inband Signaling" ?

Thanks for your urgent response.

== LEVENT ==

1) What's a good hardware -specially the voice card bit of it- that you would recommend ? I saw a mention of D/160S which is linked to D/160-JCT page of intel.com . Is that the one? Do we need anything else, like a "patch panel" or something ?

PCNation and Pagecomputers don't have the card in stock, so I checked ebay.com: The ones on sale at ebay.com are much less expensive which made me suspicious: would "D/160SC-LS Rev 2 HiZ" do it ?

The HiZ card is a 'call recording' version of the card... you cannot use it for an IVR system...

You need to purchase a normal "D/160SC-LS" (or a D/120-LS + D/4PCI etc..)

Link on voiceguide.com for D/160 is incorrect, it should point to:

http://www.intel.com/network/csp/products/1765web.htm

2) Which alternative cards (16 port and 12 port ones, or maybe even 4 pieces of D/4PCIs) would you recommend ? Some Dialogic cards are not easy to obtain.

You can use a combination of D/120-JCT ( http://www.intel.com/network/csp/products/6046web.htm ) and D/4PCI ( http://www.intel.com/network/csp/products/5795web.htm )

3) As for the PC-hardware, do you recommend installing this 12 or 16 port Dialogic card(s) in a massive server ; or will a 512MB 1000MHz PC do it just as well ? Our IVR systems run 7x24.

This really depends on your budget and reliability requirements. For a professional solution you should look into using an enterprise quality server with hot pluggable RAIDs and redundant power supplies as a minimum...

512MB with 1GHz P4 should be fine...

4) As for VG-version.. Do we need Enterprise, or will Professional do it for us ? Of the features that Enterprise has and Professional don't, we don't use a.subscripts, b.text-to-speech, c.voicemail, d.ftp-upload, e.activeX. What's "PBX Inband Signaling" ?

Inabnd Signaling is sent using a series of DTMF tones immediately after the

call is answered. This information may contain CallerID, number dialed,

extension from which the call was transferred, reason for the transfer

etc...

If you will not be using any of the Enterprise features then the Pro version

should be all that you'll need..