VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Can Not Do Any Outbound

today voiceguide can not do any outbound ,i checked the logfile and find that "call progress detection not enabled. We'll wait till after connect"

what should I do to solve this?

outbound.zip

Trace shows that outgoing call was attempted bu then a DISCONNECTED event was received

We would need to see the WireShark trace of the outgoing call to see why it was disconnected.

112758.218  4124   3 fn    LineMakeCall(iLineId=3, iCallRequestId=0 (ignored), strNumberToCall=[2000@192.168.1.24], callprog=DX_PAMDOPTEN, timeout=60, params:0,0,cidtosend=[],opt=[])

112758.328  5732   3 ev    GCEV_DIALING crn=8000001 crn_lastMakeCall=8000001

112758.484  5732   3 ev    GCEV_DISCONNECTED crn=8000001

"call progress detection not enabled. We'll wait till after connect"

This is not an error message.

WireShark trace shows that a call was placed to 2000@192.168.1.24.

The VoIP switch replies with "401-Unauthorized"

It looks like CallerID was not set on outgoing call, so the "401-Unauthorized" response does not include what account should be used to authorize the call.

Recommend that CallerID is set on the outgoing call, or the VoIP switch is set to not request authorization for calls being made from the IP address where the VoiceGuide system is installed.

Please see: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/html/dial_voip.htm

but i have do that in the config file.

like this:

<VoIP_Authentication>

<Realm>asterisk</Realm>

<Identity>sip:2000@192.168.1.24</Identity> <AuthUsername>2000</AuthUsername>

<AuthPassword>zhangmin01</AuthPassword>

</VoIP_Authentication>

</VoIP_Authentications>

could you tell me how to do?for example ,whice file i need to write and so on……

thanks

You have not set the CallerID on the outgoing call.

As the VoIP switch was not told which account was going to be used to make the call, the VoIP switch did not know what account to request authentication for.

You need to specify what account will be used to make he call, and have Authentication information for that account (if switch requests Authentication).

When a VoIP Switch asks for authentication it asks for authentication of the a party that is making the call - it does not care whether or not you happen to have authentication information for the destination number.

To describe it in another way: To be be able to start the call you need to be able to say SIP equivalent of: "Hi, I'm X. Let me make a call", to which then switch says "What is your password X?" and when X tells switch the password then the switch will place the call to wherever X wants to place the call.

A week ago you were able to make outgoing calls with calls authenticating themselves here properly. Here is the post where you said that you can do it:

http://voiceguide.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9161&view=findpost&p=35651

I can do transfer by add authentication information for 2000@192.168.1.24 in the config file.

but it can not do outbound.I don't know what wrong with it.

A REFER transfer is different to an outgoing call.

As mentioned before, your VoIP switch requires authentication to allow outgoing calls to be made through it, so you need to specify CallerID on outgoing calls, and provide authentication (or turn off this authentication requirement at the VoIP switch).

how to specify CallerID on outgoing calls,can you give me a example? thanks very much.

I have set <CallOptions>2000</CallOptions> ,but it can not work.