VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Won't Answer

Hardware: Dell Pentium IV 2+GHz processor. Dialogic 4PCI card (running)

Software: VG 4.9.0 Pro, 2-line. Win2K pro w/ latest SP.

Everything has been working perfect for probably over a year, but yesterday I made a little change to our simple voicemail script. All I did was change a function from the "*" key to the "#" key. Now, VG will not answer either line.

I did not change any VG settings, but just to make sure I reattached the script, & made sure the rings-to-answer is set to 0, as it was before. I also tried setting the rings to 1. I also tried powering down the computer & restarting.

In the past, I found making any changes to my script could prevent VG from answering, but I don't know how I got it working again. I also tried making a simple 1-function test script, but it didn't answer with that either.

The Trace Log is useless b/c no since it doesn't answer, there is nothing generated.

Suggestions?

thanks.

curtis

To answer my own question, I remove the vg.ini file & replaced it w/ the default one. I then reattached the script to the 2 lines & it works.

I still wonder why making a little change to my existing script would cause it to longer work w/ my previous settings.

Not too sure what could be happening there...

If the trace window is open and when the call is made into the system you still do not see "RINGs" appearing in the trace this means that the Dialogic card is not sending the events to VoiceGuide to alert it of a new incoming call... in those situations running the Config Wizard to reattach the lines would be the thing to do...

Changing the script does not affect the way in which the Dialogic card sends messages to VoiceGuide in first place, so I'm at a bit of a loss to explain what happened...