VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Adding Outdial Entries

Hi,

I need to add outdial entries from an external Java program. Help suggests either writing them to an outdial XML file or writing them directly to the Access database. Which one do you think is better suited, I want to make sure that each entry is handled properly without concurrency problems.

I think Access does not support transactions? How can you make sure that there are no problems with two simultaneous connections? Using the XML file would require waiting for VG to delete previous file, how fast would that be?

Thanks for info,

Olli

Access takes care of multiple apps wanting to write at the same time - it basically queues the writes one after another (you may want to consult the Access manuals or read more on Access support groups...)

Another option is to use VG's COM function Dialer_OutDialQueAdd - VG will then do the insert for you and the function will return when the insert has been completed... if multiple apps call Dialer_OutDialQueAdd then VG will process them in turn.

The XML file is read in after about half a second - in high volume situations you should use one of the first two approaches (direct to Access or VG's Dialer_OutDialQueAdd)

XML insert works but it fills lineselection field with ",," so caller doesnt work. Is there any solution for this problem ???