VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Using Dial And Conference

Hi,

In reference to the dial and conference function module:

The help is not very clear on the capablities. (copied from your help screen)

Dial and Conference

1. dials the second number on another line.

2. connects the two calls together.

If call is accepted VoiceGuide will take the Success path if it is defined, otherwise VoiceGuide will wait and hang up when:

busy

maximum conference time limit is reached (settable in VG.INI file)

digit "*" is pressed during conversation

Question 1) Will the called party be asked for acceptance or can I run a script that will ask the called party for acceptance? for an example: "you have a call from ... please enter your PIN to accept this call... (the announce message is grayed out if you pick dial and conference in the transfer module) I would like some apps to ask for a PIN, some just to accept and some have the call go right through without any announcement.

Question 2) Does Voice Guide continue on to the "Success" path if the bridging was successful or is this success path when the bridging is terminated? If it is the former and the script continues how do we know when the bridge is disconnected and/or how do we just "wait" at a certain module waiting for bridge termination?

Question 3) There is no "path" in the pick list for a *, is this manually added and a different path selected between a * command and hangups? Also, if the answer to question 2 is that the script continues on success of a bridge and not on disconnect then how can we pick up the * command from either party if we are at another module? (I hope this question is understandable)

Question 4) Is it possible to record the call (into a wav file) on a dial and conference ?

The next few questions are on Dialogic Boards. I know that to enable call bridging between multi dialogic boards a voice bus is utilized between the boards. This is run accross the top of the boards internal to the server casing.

Question 5) Can Voice Guide be configured with both a digital and analog board on the same server ?

Question 6) Since we are currently running a multi T1 system (not Voice Guide), one of my objectives to phasing in Voice Guide would be not to put all voice resources into one server , I would perfer to use more that one Voice Guide server, all accessing one SQL database. You also mention that this is how some of your existing users are obtaining higher port capacities with Voice Guide.

My question is, is it possible to span Dialogic's internal voice path between different servers and would Voice Guide be able to accomodate this ? for example: the incoming call comes in on server #1 and we want to do a dial and conference but there are no outgoing trunks currently available on server #1 but there are available trunks on server #2 , could the system bridge the call on server#1 to the call on server#2?

Question7) If I did use more than one Voice Guide server, can the voice mail directories, etc be changed to a network drive or reconfigured so that all ports on both machines be able to utilize those functions?

Will you be adding additional capabilites on your "bridging functions" ? for example, bridge two incoming calls. If you are asking why, this is a typical "meet me page" application. Example: A customer call comes in, if an emergency press 0, etc... the caller is asked to hold, the on call teck is paged with an "extension" or reference number to the specfic incoming call, the teck calls in and enters the "reference number" and gets "patched" bridged with the incoming caller.

Thanks once again for your time and great support !

Question 1) Will the called party be asked for acceptance or can I run a script that will ask the called party for acceptance? for an example: "you have a call from ... please enter your PIN to accept this call... (the announce message is grayed out if you pick dial and conference in the transfer module) I would like some apps to ask for a PIN, some just to accept and some have the call go right through without any announcement.
No. Dial and Conference is just that. It dials the number and connects two calls together.

If you want to use scripts etc on the 2nd call then you need to queue an outbound call using VG Dialer & then once call has been answered and your script verified the caller then you can still connect the two calls together using VG's COM functions - Bridge & Unbridge commands...

(You will need to pass the LineId of the initial line as a Result Variable to the outgoing script to make all of this work)

Question 2) Does Voice Guide continue on to the "Success" path if the bridging was successful or is this success path when the bridging is terminated? If it is the former and the script continues how do we know when the bridge is disconnected and/or how do we just "wait" at a certain module waiting for bridge termination?
Success path is taken. Disconnection is made when the script executes a Hangup module, or when the disconnect tone is heard on either of the lines, or when a “*” key is pressed on either line (use of * is hard coded at this stage)

Question 3) There is no "path" in the pick list for a *, is this manually added and a different path selected between a * command and hangups? Also, if the answer to question 2 is that the script continues on success of a bridge and not on disconnect then how can we pick up the * command from either party if we are at another module? (I hope this question is understandable)
DTMF tones still should be heard from the 1st (original) line.

Question 4) Is it possible to record the call (into a wav file) on a dial and conference
Only one side of the call can be recorded that way...

Question 5) Can Voice Guide be configured with both a digital and analog board on the same server ?
Not at this stage (working on it).

Question 6) Since we are currently running a multi T1 system (not Voice Guide), one of my objectives to phasing in Voice Guide would be not to put all voice resources into one server , I would perfer to use more that one Voice Guide server, all accessing one SQL database. You also mention that this is how some of your existing users are obtaining higher port capacities with Voice Guide.

My question is, is it possible to span Dialogic's internal voice path between different servers and would Voice Guide be able to accomodate this ? for example: the incoming call comes in on server #1 and we want to do a dial and conference but there are no outgoing trunks currently available on server #1 but there are available trunks on server #2 , could the system bridge the call on server#1 to the call on server#2?

I presume that you would need the voice path to then travel across the network (Ethernet etc).. no, that can’t be done. Dial and Conference can only work across cards in same server/PC.

Question7) If I did use more than one Voice Guide server, can the voice mail directories, etc be changed to a network drive or reconfigured so that all ports on both machines be able to utilize those functions?
Not at this stage. This has been mentioned before and ability to do this is high on the programmers' TODO list...

Will you be adding additional capabilites on your "bridging functions" ? for example, bridge two incoming calls. If you are asking why, this is a typical "meet me page" application. Example: A customer call comes in, if an emergency press 0, etc... the caller is asked to hold, the on call teck is paged with an "extension" or reference number to the specfic incoming call, the teck calls in and enters the "reference number" and gets "patched" bridged with the incoming caller.
That's possible right now - please see VG's COM functions which can do bridging of calls... bridging can be done across any two active calls…