VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Uk Callerid

Hi,

I'm using VG 513a. I've tried several voice modems and have settled with a USR 56k message modem (5668). Works great - DTMF and good voice quality.

Everything works except caller ID.

I've read KB022 on caller id. In hyperterm I typed in AT#CID=1 called the line and received the following:

RING

DATE = 1127

TIME = 0653

NMBR = 01444250000

RING

Great I thougt. So I added AT#CID=1 under Advanced - Extra Setting under my modem properties.

Called with VG. Under line config I have "Popup caller id when number received" selected also in my script I make use of $RV_CIDNUMBER. However when I call there is no popup and $RV_CIDNUMBER is blank.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Steve

PS I'm using Win XP

Maybe the modem's drivers are not enabling the Caller ID...

Are there any updated drivers available?

Can you try perhaps using one of the standard modem drivers which ship with Windows instead of the ones which were shipped with the USR...

The modem is working beautifully apart from this issue. It's taken sometime to get to this position and I'm a little hesitate to start changing drivers which could mess things up.

>Maybe the modem's drivers are not enabling the Caller ID...

I don't really understand!! Surely the fact that the call id is coming through under Hyperterm means that the driver is working correctly.

Am I missing something? Please help me understand.

Thanks,

Steve

I don't really understand!! Surely the fact that the call id is coming through under Hyperterm means that the driver is working correctly.

Hyperterminal does not use the modem's TAPI drivers - it talks to modem directly through the serial port...

OK thanks for the clarification. I'll give it a whirl.