VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Registration & Outcalls

Hi,

I am trying to configure VG using HMP (SIP).

I use VG 7.3.1 and HMP3 release 323.

I finished with success registration to my voip provider (can see attached Wireshark logs) but I can not do outgoing calls. Please look into attached VG, HMP and Wireshark logs and help me to find out solution.

I configured database (MYSQL) and Dialer section in config file and import calling list into CALLQUE table. It works fine.

A few additional details:

The format of phone numbers is like 48xxxxxxxxx@sip.easycall.pl.

Additionally I specified CallOption like <CallerID>923129@easycall.pl</CallerID>.

Regards,

VG_soka

VG_Config&LOGS.zip

Looks like you are registering two numbers/accounts: 923129 and 33684 with easycall.pl

Your authentication settings use "easycall.pl" as the realm setting, and the WireShark trace shows that the registrations are made successfully.

But when you are making the outgoing call the authentication request from sip.easycall.pl uses a different 'realm'. The 'realm' that is uses in its "407 Proxy Authentication Required" response is: asterisk

Proxy-Authenticate: Digest algorithm=MD5, realm="asterisk", nonce="409e093e"

You can either add two new authentication entries in the VoiceGuide's Config.xml, <VoIP_Authentications> section - which use "asterisk" instead of "easycall.pl" for the realm.

(or you can contact easycall.pl and ask them why are they using a different realm for authenticating outgoing calls, but just adding two additional VoIP_Authentication entries in VoiceGuide's Config.xml is quicker)

Hi,

I tried two solutions:

1) adding two additional authentication in config (one with easycall.pl as the realm and second asterisk). So that I have four authentications in config (double for an account)

2) exchanging in the authetication in config easycall.pl into asterisk (so that I have only one authentication for an account).

Both doesn't work.

Please look in Wireshark logs.

Additional_Authentication.zip

Easytoasterisk_only1authentication.zip

In both cases the authentication for outgoing call was picked up and HMP correctly responded to 407 with a second INVITE with the Digest authentication in it.

easycall.pl accepted this authentication and issued a "183 Session Progress, with session description" - but then HMP abandoned the outgoing call, issuing a CANCEL to easycall.pl

We can see in ktTel trace that HMP reported that it abandoned the task with an "IPERR_TXRXRESOURCESINSUFF" error:

065958.875  4584   3 ev    GCEV_TASKFAIL crn=8000001
065958.875  4584   3       gc_ErrorInfo gcValue=0(0x0), gcMsg=[success], ccLibId=0, ccLibName=[GLOBALCALL], ccValue=0x0, ccMsg=[success], additionalInfo=[]
065958.875  4584   3       t_info: gcValue=137(0x89) gcMsg=[CCLIB specific] ccLibId=8 ccLibName=[GC_H3R_LIB] ccValue=[0x41] ccMsg=[iPERR_TXRXRESOURCESINSUFF] additionalinfo=[]

071223.390  4312   3 ev    GCEV_TASKFAIL crn=8000001
071223.390  4312   3       gc_ErrorInfo gcValue=0(0x0), gcMsg=[success], ccLibId=0, ccLibName=[GLOBALCALL], ccValue=0x0, ccMsg=[success], additionalInfo=[]
071223.390  4312   3       t_info: gcValue=137(0x89) gcMsg=[CCLIB specific] ccLibId=8 ccLibName=[GC_H3R_LIB] ccValue=[0x41] ccMsg=[iPERR_TXRXRESOURCESINSUFF] additionalinfo=[]

This means that HMP decided it could not proceed with connection as it did not have resources to establish the connection.

("Insufficient Tx and Rx resources").

We can see in the easycall.pl's "183 Session Progress" message that the Session Description Protocol segment specified that the preferred codec is G.729.

Suggest you try turning off G.729 on your easycall.pl accounts and test dialing when easycall.pl asks to use G.711 ULaw standard for voice transmission.

Also, you should leave the all 4 authentication entries in the config.xml. If you use only the 'asterisk' ones then system will not register for accepting incoming calls, as it doe not know how to authenticate the registration request for incoming calls.

Can you also please try doing the following:

Remove the 2-channel HMP evaluation license, so that you only use the default 1 channel HMP license which does not have G729

In VG.INI, in section [PlayRecordConfig] set entry RecFormat to ULaw

[PlayRecordConfig]

RecFormat=ULaw

After placing the outgoing call please .ZIP up the Dialogic RTF trace files - they can be found in Dialogic HMP \log\ subdoirectory - and post them here. We can then better see what HMP is doing on your system.

The only thing I could do was changing RecFormat to ULaw in the VG.INI.

I cannot remove the 2-channel HMP evaluation license, because the HPM will stop working. I have just started testing and I use evaluation licence. Cancelling file *.LIC causes breaking down the HMP.

I asked my VOIP provider to turn off G729. After getting an answer I will do next steps.

Meanwhile I did the same steps as before and enclosed HMP logs.

Maybe it will be helpful.

Regards,

VG_soka

Step3_ULaw.zip

If HMP runs with out an external license applied it uses the internal 1 port license.

You should be able to receive and make calls on 1 channel with that license.

Internal 1 port license does not have G.729.

If I cancel evaluation licence in HMP licence manager, hmp stops (the board can not be started). Despite that fact I will try to do outcalls

By the way, I have got an answer from my VOIP provider. Easycall.pl uses both codecs: G729 and G711. So probably there is other problem

regards.

Are you able to place a G729 call into the system when the 2 port evaluation license is active?

(WireShark traces would confirm whether the call is G729 or G711)

I have read in the forum that one user had problem with HMP. He downgraded the software to earlier version what helped.

I decided to do the same.

I reinstalled HMP to SU_303 and Voice Guide to 7.2.3.

I was surprised because that confuration works - I am able to make calls.

It means that problem is probably with HMP SU_223.

You have all my logs (VG, HMP and Wireshark) for the newest confiration (HMP SU323 and VG 7.3.1). Maybe you find the reason why it doesn't work. If so, please give me an advice.

regards,

VG_soka

It looked like reason why it did not work was that system was unable to establish a G.729 connection when that codec was selected.

If HMP SU303 works then you can just continue on with using that version.

Sounds like you have now resolved the issue about which this topic was raised. Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist with further.

Thank you very much for your help.

My problem is solved.

For now I don't have other issues.

regards

VG_soka