VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Dialogic Lineerr_resourceunavail

I have just rebooted my machine (everything was been working perfectly) but I am now unable to get VG 5.1.3000 to talk to the D/4PCI card. Each line is showing the above error message.

I suspect what has gone wrong is that I put a shortcut to voiceguide in the startup folder which has caused it to start prior to the dialogic drivers being completely loaded.

Now I am unable to get the dialogic card to start properly. Can you recommend a way forward which will not mean a complete re-install of Dialogic, my guess is there is a temp file somewhere which needs clearing, but I am not sure where to start looking.

Any help would be appreciated as this system needs to be online in 4 hours time.

I suspect what has gone wrong is that I put a shortcut to voiceguide in the startup folder which has caused it to start prior to the dialogic drivers being completely loaded.

Probably correct… Dialogic drivers need to be started before starting VoiceGuide....

Easiest way to achieve this is to put some delay in a batch file before starting VoiceGuide and place the link to the batch file in the Startup folder...

Related posts:

http://voiceguide.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11

http://voiceguide.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=54

Now I am unable to get the dialogic card to start properly.

Starting VG before Dialogic drivers have loaded will not cause any permanent problems, jus remove the link to VG from Startup folder and restart the PC. you should be able to start Dialogic drivers normally with no problems....

Thank you for the very fast response, sadly there are still problems. I removed VG from the startup group and tried rebooting. Leaving about 5 minutes before trying to start VG. This has had not effect - still the error.

I have not run the UDD utility which shows passes for every test, but on trying to restart the dialogic device I get an error "Error starting Dialogic Service"

Any further ideas?

The Dialogic service must be started before you can start VG.

You will need to fix that problem first.

If you see no other alternative then perhaps re-installing Dialogic drivers is the next step...

I have now rebuilt the entire machine from a freshly formatted hard disk, the dialogic card worked fine using the sample program TAPI. I then installed VG5.1.3a (Latest from website). Forgot to apply the license so when I loaded my script it complained of more than 30 modules. At this point the same error message appeared in the VG line status window.

After this I was unable to stop or start the Dialogic service (half way through it gives an error)

Next step was to remove the dialogic card, TAPI drivers, Wave Drivers and the Dialogic drivers and card. VG was uninstalled and w2k updated from SP3 to SP4

At this point the D4PCI card was put back in the machine and reinstalled. VG4.9 was then installed and a license applied.

Again the Dialogic TAPI program worked fine making out going calls.

VG was loaded this time with the simple credit card sample script. Again it failed with the Lineerror message.

I am now in the process of again formatting the disk to do a fresh install of w2k this time taking your suggestions of SP2.

I am open to advice or suggestions, I need to get this working. What is puzzling is that this machine has worked solidly for the last 4 weeks or so with no problem. All this started when I rebooted the machine with VG in th startup folder. Previously was running 5.1.3.

What version of VG would you recommend, the script does not call out, it has about 50 or so modules in it, a bit of few database queries and a single logical function. There is no recording, its all playback of existing wav files.

Forgot to apply the license so when I loaded my script it complained of more than 30 modules. At this point the same error message appeared in the VG line status window.

I assume you ran the VoiceGuide Configuration Manger beforehand?

If the Dialogic sample program works OK then I see no reason why VoiceGuide should not work as well.. especially if the hard disk was previously reformatted to remove any old versions of TAPIWRAP.OCX and other VoiceGuide's system files...

It's very surprising that the VoiceGuide Configuration manager finds the Dialogic lines OK (I assume it does as VG Config Manager must be used before stating VoiceGuide) - and then afterwards VoiceGuide gives error saying that it cannot find them...

The saga continues, I have again re-installed from a blank CD and am now convinced that either I have damaged hardware (not sure how this could be) or I have wrongly installed the TAPI drivers.

Steps taken:

New w2k SP2 installed on newly formatted disk

Reboot

Install of Dialogic 5.1.1 drivers using custom install with Global option added

Reboot

Start DCM (works OK, set automatic start)

At this stage, I can run the sample multithreaded voice app which dials out as expected (in other words the D/4pci card is running albeit at this stage not through TAPI).

I have then tried to either load the TAPI drivers or to first load the SP1 pack. Once the TAPI drivers have been installed I am no longer able to use the card. Even if I go to the DCM, trying to stop the card gives an error message After a couple of goes (despite continued error messages) the service is turned off. At this point it cannot be turned back on

I realise this is no longer likely to be VG problem, but I have no where else to get advice on the dialogic card.

Any pointers anyone?

Could it be that something has been loaded into the card and is preventing a good install in the future?

I have then tried to either load the TAPI drivers or to first load the SP1 pack. Once the TAPI drivers have been installed I am no longer able to use the card. Even if I go to the DCM, trying to stop the card gives an error message After a couple of goes (despite continued error messages) the service is turned off. At this point it cannot be turned back on

You appear to be doing everything correctly... are you restating the PC after each software install...?

At this stage, I can run the sample multithreaded voice app which dials out as expected (in other words the D/4pci card is running albeit at this stage not through TAPI).

Installing TAPI drivers is usually just a few mouse clicks...(as you have been able to do before) so I'm not too sure what could be stopping you here...

The only good news I can offer is that there is a version of “VoiceGuide for Dialogic” coming out which uses the Dialogic API directly (just like the multithreaded demo apps). It should be out within a month...

Could it be that something has been loaded into the card and is preventing a good install in the future?

No. The cards internal hardware drivers are loaded when the Dialogic service is started (that's why it takes so long to 'start' a Dialogic card..)

Thanks for your assistance, after numerous re-installs I have now isolated the problem. This is certainly strange in that it does not materialise until the Dialogic card is shut down and restarted (or a reboot) which takes place between each software install.

What is going wrong is I have been setting custom call parameters for the disconnect tone. In the UK with BT supplying the lines there appears to be just one continuous tone. I have measured this as 403Hz and have set Freq 1 as 403, Freq 2 as 0 then the on time as 300 and the off time as 0

These values are accepted by the configuration service and if when they are entered voiceguide is running it then seems to work and disconnect as required. However the next time the dialogic card is stopped/started or the machine is rebooted, there is a problem starting and Voiceguide quite naturally reports Lines not available.

I am now having to run with the disconnect not happening, this is not something which I can continue with given the length of the script. I attach a recording of the disconnect tone and would be very grateful for you advice as to ALL settings for Disc Tone 1 and Disc Tone 2 in the Dialogic Configuration service to disconnect the call succesfully, but also which will be acceptable to the card.

Dialogic D/4PCI

W2k SP3

VG 5.1.3a

Many thanks I will look forward to the Dialogic version too.

linedrop.ZIP

We have set the Dialogic card's disconnect tone (in the Dialogic TSP config) to the settings shown below, and have been able to stop the service (using Dialogic’s DCM) and thereafter start it again with no problems...

After service was started we checked the TSP config again and the Disconnect tone settings were kept OK...

Not too sure why changing the Disconnect tone detection parameters on your system leads to the Dialogic service not starting on your system... we have not had any other users report such problems.

The only advice I can make is to try using the SP2 version of Win2000. SR5.1.1 is only certified for SP2...

post-2-1070245523.gif