VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

This Voice System Is Really Weird, I Tried To Rin

I got this message from a customer

"This voice system is really weird, I tried to ring to say I am late, and

got onto this american voice that said I am to be charged for this call. I

was then put onto hold for a period of time. I re-rang and simply extended

by one hour (instead of being ten mins late....).

I think I need to better understand all of this, I am clearly a bit lost.

Lisa"

I checked the VG pre-recorded scripts (I am in Australia, so there are no messages created by us that say anything like that) and there dont appear to be any soudfile we have created (or yourselves)..

Any idea? It may have occurred from a transferred call to a mobile....

I suspect the caller just dialed a wrong number...

or maybe the telephone number to which call was transferred afterwards was forwarded to a phone number which plays such a message...

If you know what time the call was made and telephone number (Caller ID) of caller you should be able to quickly confirm in VoiceGuide's log files whether a call from that number was received VoiceGuide, and it was then transferred etc...

The Debug Trace could also help in tracing exactly what happened during the call..

Automatic logging of all events to a Debug Trace file can be done by setting in VG.INI file:

[TraceLog]

LogToFile=1

Unfortunately, that user's phone number is a private number and VG cant log it.

I automatically transfer it to a standard mobile phone number.

Ive had a good look through the Trace file and cant find anything that could have caused it. Can you please confirm that you dont have a script that says anything like "This call is being charged"?

Regards & thanks for the quick response

Nic Lowe

There are no sound files shipped with VG that say "This call is being charged".

All VoiceGuide's system sound files are installed in VG's \system\voice\ subdirectory, so you can check this for yourself...

Can you perhaps find which call it was based on time of call & info entered by caller? (are they asked to enter some sort of an ID number etc?)

At this stage I think the most likely explanation is that they have called the wrong number, or that the phone company connected their call (or the transferred call) to a wrong number...