VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Restarting Voiceguide Twice

Dear Voiceguide Support,

For some reason, every time I wish to start the voiceguide service from the tray icon, I need to do so twice. This is necessary because nothing happens after the first time even though from the tray icon it would appear that the voiceguide service has started.

What can be done so that voiceguide service starts after the first attempt.

(This is important because for VG configuration changes to take, voiceguide service must be restarted.)

Thank you.

logs.zip

From tray icon you only need to right click tray icon and select "Start" once to start the VoiceGuide service.

It takes a while to start the service and in meantime you should see the green arrow being animated at bottom of icon.

Once startup is complete the animation stops.

Are you finding that the arrow animation does not begin after you select "Start" from the right-click menu?

One way to see if service is started is to see if a new vgEngine log file is being created.

What happens is, I see the green arrow animation stop, and a bubble pops up saying "started".

Then I open line monitor and i get the error message saying cannot open because VG service is not started.

Then close line monitor, "stop" the VG service using tray icon.

Then I "start" service using tray icon a second time, and then I open the line monitor again.

Then it works.

As you can see from my logs.zip, another vgEngine log file IS created the first time I "start" the service (see file 2 of 3 in log.zip), however for some reason, the service does not function at all until I stop and start again.

I go through this whole procedure every single time; it's not a one-time fluke.

Can you post the vgEngine logs? (Please .ZIP up traces before posting.)

Have you tried just closing and re-starting the Line Status Monitor?

OK, got the traces.

There seems to be some sort of a component mismatch with the VoiceGuide install. Perhaps VoiceGuide update install was made when some VoiceGuide programs were still running?

In Config.xml file please remove the <Dialer> section.

Then please stop VoiceGuide service and close all VoiceGuide programs, and then run the VoiceGuide install again.

If problems still occurs after update please advise how you reproduce it. Does it occur the first time that you are trying to start service after Windows reboot?

Are all the other VoiceGuide applications closed (including the Line Status Monitor)?