VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

New Voice App Recommendations

I am new to the field of voice applications and I need some advice for an application I am developing. I am developing software for a youth sports league that will allow league administrators, coaches and team parents to send voice messages to the phone numbers of player's parents when an event happens (something like a game is cancelled due to rain, reminder of a game, etc.). The application I am developing should have the following characteristics:

1. The ability for the user to type in text that is converted to speech then dialed out to each of the player's phone numbers individually. Initially I will have a single line dialing out but eventually I will probably have multiple lines. I would like to record the resolution of the call (ie. answered by a human, answered by an answering machine, no answer after x tries, etc.) then send a summary of the call results back to the user who initiated the call. Also, any suggestions on an inexpensive VoiP option for multiple lines?

2. I would also like the ability for the user to call in on a phone line, punch in a user code and verify with a password via touchtone, then record a message which will then be forwarded to all of the selected players on the team.

3. I would like to hook this up to a VoiP phone (like Vonage) so that there are no incremental long distance charges. What are my options here? Vonage is $50/month for the first line and around $40/line for incremental lines.

4. I need to know what equipment, software, and high speed line speed I would need for this setup.

5. I am developing in ASP. How do I interact with the software using ASP?

Thanks for any advice.

-Bob

1. The ability for the user to type in text that is converted to speech then dialed out to each of the player's phone numbers individually. Initially I will have a single line dialing out but eventually I will probably have multiple lines. I would like to record the resolution of the call (ie. answered by a human, answered by an answering machine, no answer after x tries, etc.) then send a summary of the call results back to the user who initiated the call.

This can be done using VoiceGuide. Results of calls made are stored in Result files in the VoiceGuide's \data\ subdirectory, and you could run a simple VB script which would forward the contents of those back to the user who initiated the call.

2. I would also like the ability for the user to call in on a phone line, punch in a user code and verify with a password via touchtone, then record a message which will then be forwarded to all of the selected players on the team.

This can be done quite easily.

3. I would like to hook this up to a VoiP phone (like Vonage) so that there are no incremental long distance charges. What are my options here? Vonage is $50/month for the first line and around $40/line for incremental lines.

For this you will need to use a PBX and have the PBX route the calls to your VoIP solution...(unless Vonage lines can be plugged directly into a Dialogic card...)

4. I need to know what equipment, software, and high speed line speed I would need for this setup.

How many lines would you like to use for the outbound dialing?

5. I am developing in ASP. How do I interact with the software using ASP?

I assume that the ASP bit will look after the typed in text mentioned in point 1. From ASP you can just call VoiceGuide's COM functions to que the list of calls to be made, and then maybe even read monitor the result files...