VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Script Crashes In Middle Of Playback

Dear Voiceguide staff,

I am having a problem where my scripts often freeze in middle of sound file playback.

The issue is not with any vb script and I really don't think it's with my text to speach engine (ATT nat. voice mike) because the crash occurs after the sound file was generated, and only while it's playing back.

It randomly occurs and different points, so it's not consistently crashing at the same point every time, and it doesn't happen every time I run the script.

Here are my specs:

WinXP

Dialogic 4 port analog (2 boards)

1.5 GB RAM

Voiceguide 7.0.4

Please help.

Thank you

Can you describe in more detail what is happening on your system?

What do you mean by 'crashing'? The sound file playback stops? or something else is happening?

Can you post the VoiceGuide vgEngine and ktTel traces that capture this issue? (Please .ZIP up the traces before posting them.)

We can then see what is happening on your system.

Also v7.0.4 is a very old version.

please update system to current version of VoiceGuide and Dialogic drivers - both of which can be downloaded from our WWW Downloads page.

1-Correction: I see now that I actually have version 7.2 (not 7.0)

2-What happens exactly is: Playback of the voice prompts suddenly stops in the middle.

The call is not disconnected but the user just hears silence.

If the user waits the script will not continue executing because it apparently is waiting for the sound to finish playing and it just never does.

3-I will try to fetch the correct vgEngine and ktTel traces and send them to you.

Thank you

Please update system to current version of VoiceGuide and Dialogic drivers - both of which can be downloaded from our WWW Downloads page.

If the problem still occurs after update to latest versions of VoiceGuide and Dialogic drivers, then please .ZIP and post the vgEngine and ktTel traces.