VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Script Cannot Locate Sound File

I have the VG version 7. Must admit that I actually liked the v5 better. A lot more user friendly for this computer challenged individual.

When I call into the system, the line status shows that it is going to my script design. needless to say even that matches the configuration folder as well. I get the response of a female voice that the sound file cannot be located. I am using a wav. file and doublechecked that and tried different wav. files as well. My sound files are located in the document library. I even placed them in the program files/voiceguide/scripts section. I even attempted to use the sample scripts provided and still got the "cannot find the sound file". I have checked my script layout , dates are good , time is good, the arrow goes from the date box to the play box. Please tell me how or what I need to do in order to connect the path between my recording in the script to the actual sound file.

I get the response of a female voice that the sound file cannot be located.

If full path to sound file is not specified then the sound files need to be in one of these:

- same directory as the script,

- scritps \voice\ subdirectory

- VoiceGuide's \system\voice\ subdirectory

If full path to sound file is specified the the sound file needs to be at that location, otherwise the filename is taken and VoiceGuide searches for it in one of the 3 places listed before.

I have checked my script layout , dates are good , time is good, the arrow goes from the date box to the play box. Please tell me how or what I need to do in order to connect the path between my recording in the script to the actual sound file.

Can you please post the script that you are using. We then better see what you are trying to do.

thanks for the quick response

I placed some of the wav. files in the locations of your aforementioned selection. But I am still getting the same response of not being able to locate the sound file.

post-10969-1337978862_thumb.png

It should work, so not sure what is happening on your system.

Have you confirmed that the sound file name is the same? Are you sure that there is only one space in the file's name, not two?

Suggest you take the file and rename it to something simpler eg: after.wav

and place the after.wav sound file in same directory as the script.

then in the Play module just specify:

after.wav

as the sound file to be played.

If this still does not work please .ZIP up and post:

- vgEngine and ktTel traces capturing the call

- after.wav sound file

- script being used

Okay so we kind of figured out the problem. It appears that it is totally dependent on who logs into the computer. If the administrator logs in, then the program finds the sound files and it works. If anyone else logs in to the computer , it will still play the program that was setup under the administrator log in. We tripled check the access/permission of the voiceguide to make sure that the other users are able to have full access. Any suggestions?

VoiceGuide v7 runs as a windows service, under a "Local System" account.

It does not require anyone to be logged onto the system to run.

Did you try using a simpler filename with no spaces (eg. after.wav)?

Have you placed the sound file in same directory as the script (the .vgs file) ?

Did the system find the sound file and play it when the the sound file was placed in same directory as the script?

Can you post the vgEngine traces of this? (please .ZIP any traces before posting)

-----------------

Another test you can do.

In a play module just specify this as the sound file to play:

1.wav

Does "one" get played?

Yea, that is what my IT person thought as well and that is why we are really puzzled by the whole thing. Yes, we changed the name , eliminated spaces and even located in all the recommended folders. The bottom line is that the script design only plays the script under the administrator logged in. That is the enigma. Even worse, the script even looks different under the administrator log in than if anyone else logs in. It is like we have tow scripts, the one that was designed under the administrator log in and the one the user logged in.

Even worse, the script even looks different under the administrator log in than if anyone else logs in. It is like we have tow scripts, the one that was designed under the administrator log in and the one the user logged in.

The same file should not be different depending on who is logged into the computer. You will really need to get to the bottom of this first.

Here is a cpoy of the vg.engine trace

The trace indicates that the sound file "C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceGuide\System\voice\aftertest.wav" was played. The sound file was about 10.5 seconds long.

101206.051  6   5   3 state [Play 1] Playing wav (C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceGuide\System\voice\aftertest.wav)
101206.051  6   5   3 t     timer clear (force=False)
101206.051  6   5   3       q tel add   cmd_PlayStart [0,0,0,0,0][||||]
101206.051  6   5   3       play  start ok, playId=733732
101206.052  7   5   3       q tel run   cmd_PlayStart
101206.052  6   5   3       q scr run   evScriptEvent sCode=[TDX_CST] iActionID=0, crn=10000029[65535|0|0|0|0][DE_LCON|||||]
101206.052  6   5   3       scriptevent TDX_CST  65535|0|0  DE_LCON||
101206.052  6   5   3       LsPlayMsg EV_UNKNOWN_134,TDX_CST
101206.052  6   5   3       path {TDX_CST} not found
101206.972 13         wcf   PortStatus constructor start, parmameterless
101216.521 20   5   3 ev    PlayEnd 5 733732
101216.521 20   5   3       play  end   id=733732, (current ID)
101216.521 20   5   3       q scr add   evScriptEvent 8001 EV_PLAY_FINISHED