VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Include External Vgs Into Current Vgs->Vbs Module

How can I call an external VGS script containing "insert" logic into the current VGS and VBS module?

External VGS scripts can be called by using a "goto" or a "gosub" path.

Any Result Variables created by the called subscript are visible to the calling script when the subscript returns.

Is this what you require?

Can you describe in more detail what you are trying to achieve? We can then better advise an appropriate approach/solution.

Can you describe in mode detail what you mean by "insert"?

Can you may be post your current script and a detailed description of what you are trying to achieve?

If you have some VBScript functions which you would like to include in every Run VBScript module then you can read the code into your current VBSCript using this approach:

strPath = "$RV[scriptsPath]" & "inc\myVbsCode.vbs"

ExecuteGlobal CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject").OpenTextFile(strPath).ReadAll

from http://stackoverflow.com/questions/316166/how-do-i-include-a-common-file-in-vbscript-similar-to-c-include :

You can create a (relatively) small function in each file that you want to include other files into, as follows:

sub includeFile (fSpec)

dim fileSys, file, fileData

set fileSys = createObject ("Scripting.FileSystemObject")

set file = fileSys.openTextFile (fSpec)

fileData = file.readAll ()

file.close

executeGlobal fileData

set file = nothing

set fileSys = nothing

end sub

and then use it to include specific files - these are executed as if they were inline.

includeFile "commonapi.vbi"

includeFile "dbcalls.vbi"

It basically opens the file, reads the entire contents into a string, then executes that string. There's no error handling on the I/O calls since this sort of stuff is usually done once on program start, and you want to fail if there's a problem including it.

Thanks for the Stack Overflow reference. I attempted to work the code example without success. Is the implementation correct?

sub includeFile (file path)
dim fileSys, file, fileData
set fileSys = createObject ("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
set file = fileSys.openTextFile (file path)
fileData = file.readAll ()
file.close
executeGlobal fileData
set file = nothing
set fileSys = nothing
end sub

includeFile "file path"

To better explain the objective, I've attached screen shots of the VGS script and the referenced script. Let me know if the information is sufficient.

To better explain the objective, I've attached screen shots of the VGS script and the referenced script. Let me know if the information is sufficient.

No screenshot was attached. Can you try attaching the screenshot and the file again?