VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Transfer Call Module

Hi, I'm now doing a feasibility study on using the VG Version 5.0 "Transfer Call" module for my specific requirement and setup. I'm using a Data Fax Voice Modem for this purpose. What I want to do is to transfer an incoming call to another phone number (so that the 2 parties can talk on their own, and my responsibility is completed), and then I expect both the VG software and my 2 analog lines (one for incoming and the other one for outgoing) should be free. This is especially important that the outgoing line must be hanged up so that the telephone company won't charge me for the out going call anymore. Do you think the Transfer Call module can do this job? Thanks!

Most telephone companies do not support such functionality. Are the lines yo are you are using direct from a Telco, or are they form some PBX?

Have you confirmed that this is this possible on the phone lines that you have?

Have you achieved such a transfer using a normal telephone handset?

So are you saying (a) VG 5.0 does not support this? Or (B) VG 5.0 does support but subject to my phone lines infrastructure? Or © VG 7.0 will resolve all these problems regardless my type of phone lines?

By the way, the answer for your questions are: they will be direct from telco (I suppose you mean Telephone company, right?), and I have not yet try to do this on a normal telephone handset because currently I have only one telephone line installed, and would like to seek for your advise first, then purchase an additional phone line.

Herman

This -> (B) VG 5.0 does support but subject to my phone lines infrastructure?

Very few telephone companies let such a call transfer happen. Suggest you call your telephone company (Telco) to discuss if they offer this service.