VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Sound Playing

Hi, I have just installed an evaluation version VG software on my Windows 7 PC, and it is connected to a IC Plus 56K External Data Fax Voice Modem. I'm quite sure the hardware connection is fine because my PC can detect the device and auto installed this driver named "IC+ 56k External Data Fax Voice Modem Pnp". My this modem works very ok when it is connected to my another laptop with Windows XP O/S before. Indeed I had purchased an official copy of VG version 5 on that machine last year. I compared the driver name on both machines and they are exactly the same. Now, I assigned the sample script "Credit Card Payment" to this modem, and run the VG software (and the 'State' on the VG panel is showing "Waiting for a call..."), everything just looks fine to me so far. So I begin to make a phone call to this line (of course the modem has been connected to a normal phone line already) using a cell phone. The software picks up the call (because I can see from the VG panel 'State' begins to show the script detail) but I cannot hear any sound from my cell phone, does any body know what is going on? I suspect it the driver's problem but I can neither prove that nor fix that. Pls help!!!

Could you please post a copy of VoiceGuide's Debug Trace which captures the system startup and the call, this will allow us to see what happened.

Enable logging by setting the log levels to 10 in VG.INI as per below:

[Log]

VoiceGuide=10

NumberLoader=0

VoicemailManager=0

EmailSender=0

TapiWrapOcx=10

SapiWrapOcx=0

Then start the system and make a test call.

Debug Trace files are created in VG's \log\ subdirectory.

When posting traces/scripts please .ZIP them up and post them as attachments.

Hi Admin,

Thanks for the detail instructions! Please find attached the 2 log files found from the sub-folder indicated for your investigation. Looking forward for your result.

Note: since the file size is small, I did not zip them.

Rgds ... Herman

0416tw.txt

0416vgm.txt

Traces show the call is being answered and VoiceGuide starts playing of sound files on the WAV devices that have been associated with the TAPI device.

The playing seems to work fine.

The WAVE devices used are:

230253.979 wave IN:[µ÷Öƽâµ÷Æ÷ #40 Ïß·¼Òô v80.0 format=0x0, channels=0x1] OUT:[µ÷Öƽâµ÷Æ÷ #40 Ïß·²¥·Å v80.0 format=0x0, channels=0x1, support=0x0]

These do not look like a modem's wave devices.

You should contact the modem manufacturer to source drivers that setup the modem as the Wave device.

If your modem is a Rockwell based on then you may be able to use a generic Rockwell Voice Modem driver (if one is available for your version of Windows).

Well, as I mentioned in my original email saying that the same device works fine when connecting to my Laptop running Windows XP, which implies I did have the Windows Wave driver. And indeed I installed the same driver to my this new PC running Windows 7. Now the only difference I can see if the Windows O/S version and maybe that is the root cause? We do not know as of now yet.

By the way, when you say "These do not look like a modem's wave devices" below, are you referring to the Wave drivers? I do not get it when you say wave devices. Please elaborate, while I will keep trying reinstall the drivers. Thanks!

If the only difference is Windows version then looks like the driver that was used under WinXP does not work under Win7.

Perhaps you should try using WinXP on the system instead of Win7 and see if this resolves issue.

By the way, when you say "These do not look like a modem's wave devices" below, are you referring to the Wave drivers?

Yes.

I see now, and yes, it works on my Windows XP machine perfectly. Seems that I may need to either buy a new Voice Modem with Windows 7 wave drivers available or buy an expensive Dialoic board. :(