VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Upgrade To 7.3 Recordings Issue

We recently upgraded to vgEngine v7.3.4391.19239 (2012-01-09 10:41:19.48) and now the recording of calls is not working, ending up with 1kb length files. Is this is a known issue, could we have done anything incorrectly in the upgrade to have caused this?

Additionally we seem to be finding a lot of fax tones where there aren't any and this is causing unexpected problems. I tried changing fax frequencies and also it to 10 cycles to look for, no change.

Logs attached.

VG7_3_Log.zip

Can you post the script (or excerpt of) that starts the recording. If posting excerpt then please include a few (4-5) modules before the recording is started.

Please find script exerpt attached. The Stop Play module is new, but we have other scripts identical but without this module which also do not record now.

And I think we have resolved the Fax side of it.

Partial_script.txt

In the VBScript module please remove the Run_ResultReturn call. ie. change:

set vg = CreateObject("vgServices.CommandLink")

vg.Record_2Lines_Start $RV_LINEID, $RV[Conf_LineId_1], $RV[Conf_LineId_2], "D:\Recordings\$RV[QName]\$RV[Filename]", ""

vg.Run_ResultReturn $RV_LINEID, "success"

set vg = Nothing

to

set vg = CreateObject("vgServices.CommandLink")

vg.Record_2Lines_Start $RV_LINEID, $RV[Conf_LineId_1], $RV[Conf_LineId_2], "D:\Recordings\$RV[QName]\$RV[Filename]", ""

set vg = Nothing

and also change the "Wait until VBScript completes" to the "Do not wait for the VBScript script to complete" option.

That appears to have fixed the recording issue.

Could this have caused other issues, as we have had the ISDN lines lockout twice on one of our servers this morning which is very unusual. Both times calls showed in the monitor as online and working with timers incrementing, but no actual calls were on the physical phones and when I tried to put a call through I got an error message "calls to this service not available" or something along those lines.

Stopping and restarting both DCM and VG Server fixed the issue both times.

I'm hoping it is related to the recording module problem. Now that we've put that in place will monitor and hopefully not have any other issues.

The 'ending of recording' issue would not be affecting ISDN connectivity.

If calls were registering as still on system then sounds like the ISDN 'DISCONNECTED' message advising end of call was not received by Dialogic. This is unusual, but would more likely suspect that some sort of reset was done at Telco side, without the calls being explicitly dropped. Would need to see traces to confirm.

Restarting the Dialogic drivers would restart the ISDN D channel, and resetting the D channel resets the ISDN trunk status at Telco Switch side as well.

Are the ISDN T1/E1 trunks provided direct from Telco's switch? Or are there some media converters etc used on this connection?

Regarding end-of recording - that was caused by Run_ResultReturn call. In the more recent versions of VG the Run_ResultReturn call also ends any plays/records on the line. We may have a second look at whether this is the best approach.

The action of Run_ResultReturn was modified to only stop the playing of file if an "OnHold" file play was started in the current module.

A version with this modification can be downloaded here:

[old link removed]