VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Get Number Module

Hi

Quick question.

I want the caller to tell me what is the most important issue for them (for this I am using Get Number because I want to track this) and then move on to another module.

The question is:"What is the most important issue for you?"

Selctions are: 1. A 2. B 3. C

All answers lead to another module [common next module].

Shoul I use:

On 1 Goto [common next module]

On 2 Goto [common next module]

On 3 Goto [common next module]

or simply

On Success Goto [common next module]

If I use On Success Goto will the selection (1, 2, or 3) be recorded to a DB anyway?

Thanks

Sarah

Hello her is the answer

on {success} goto [xxxx]

on {1} goto [module a]

on {2} goto [module b]

on {3} goto [module c]

on {Fail} goto [retry]

gr joostica

i'm sorry if you only want to save the data to your database

you can use on succes goto ...

gr joostica netherlands

(for this I am using Get Number because I want to track this)

If you use the play module the caller's entries will still be saved in the log file.. and you still will be able to use Result Variables to access the caller's entry...

If I use On Success Goto will the selection (1, 2, or 3) be recorded to a DB anyway?

Yes, when using Get numbers module. To get fast response you will need to set up the Get Numbers module to only wait for one digit.

Hi

Thanks for you replies.

I understand that using On Success Goto will work. I guess what I still a bit unclear about (I am just starting to familiarise with the software) is the following:

When the caller selects an option in the GetNumber (or in Play Message) how can I ensure that the information is captured on the DB. Is this done automatically?

Other 2 general questions while I am at it:

- With the enterprise licence is there a limit to the number of surveys I run or is the limitation onluy based on telephone lines (I assume 1 port = 1 line)?

- If I decide to upgrade from 4 (what I am thinking of getting started with) to an 8 ports with dialer do I need to purchase a new licence from scratch or can I build on the 4 lines one and just pay the difference?

Many thanks for your help with this.

Daniele

PS By the way the support forum works incredibly well. Excellent job! A real confidence-booster for a someone like me who is not a developer and who is evaluating the SW....it makes me feel confident that with this support I can actually get it to work by myself.

When the caller selects an option in the GetNumber (or in Play Message) how can I ensure that the information is captured on the DB. Is this done automatically?

Yes.

With the enterprise licence is there a limit to the number of surveys I run or is the limitation onluy based on telephone lines (I assume 1 port = 1 line)?

No limitation on number of surverys, just the number of lines/ports. You just need to buy the license to enable the number of lines/ports you would like to use.

- If I decide to upgrade from 4 (what I am thinking of getting started with) to an 8 ports with dialer do I need to purchase a new licence from scratch or can I build on the 4 lines one and just pay the difference?

Upgrade is for difference in price within first month, there after you would just buy another 4 line license...

Hello

Thanks for the clarifications. Much appreciated.

You answered YES to my question

:"When the caller selects an option in the GetNumber (or in Play Message) how can I ensure that the information is captured on the DB. Is this done automatically?"

I don't understand where the RV will be captured. How can I retrieve the results? Is there a Report functionality?

If not I will need to point to a DB (the explanation given about ODCB seems to be mainly about retrieving info for the purpose of then reading it out...but what about capturing the selections made by the caller. Where do these go exactly? How can I make them go there? and most importantly how can I have access the the log of selections made?

Thanks

Selections made by caller are stored in Log files - the logs are stored in a number of formats - comma delimited, XML, and VoiceGuide Log (.VGL).

Take a look at the contents of those files after making calls to the system. The Credit Card Payment demo is a good script to use to try the system out - after making a few calls take a look at the log files created in the same directory as the script.

You can use DB Query modules to insert information into Databases as well... just use an INSERT type SQL command...

Thanks!

Would you have an example of a log file...? At the moment I do not have a Dialogic card so I can't test my script and see what the output would be. I would like to get an idea of what the log collects so I can start thinking how I can use this for reporting purposes...

I will be soon purchasing a Pro 4 (maybe 8) ports/lines to run customer satisfaction surveys.

I am now looking into sourcing hosting and telephone lines (4) all linked to 1 toll-free number.

Regards

Here are some log files generated by one of the Voicemail scripts (vmLm.vgs) This should give you an idea of the structure of each log file type.

vm.zip

Hello

I have looked at an example of a log file. I would like to export this to Excel or Access for reporting purposes (I want to use the system to implement a customer survey program).

I must say that the CSV files (event an example in Excel) is very confusing. Could you advise on the best way of creating simple reports along the lines of:

call number (progressive ID not caller ID)

date and time

answers to each question

access voice messages saved

Is there a simple way to get this in Excel (in a format which is readable)?

Thanks

Regards.