VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Not Responding To Incoming Call

We have encountered this problem for the past 2 weeks - I have to restart the voiceguide service every morning for Voiceguide to work.

Have browse thru the support forum and did as recommended by other user who has faced the same problem but still the same problem.

I have put in a schedule task to reboot the PC every morning but the problem persists.

The scheduled reboot job is a batch file as below:-

rem wail 60 seconds for the dialogic card service to start

cd "\program files\voiceguide"

vgMulti.exe

The PC is:-

- Pentium 4 3.00 Ghz, (Dell Dimension 3000)

- 1.5GB Ram

- Win XP SP3

- MS SQL 2005 express.

The ** All antivirus has been uninstalled **

Attached is the log fiel for 15 Feb ~ 20 Feb 2012.

0215_0220_Log.zip

VoiceGuide v6 which you are using does not need restarting to work.

Is is possible that you are running an evaluation version of Dialogic drivers that are only designed to work for 10 hours at a time?

It looks like you are rebooting the entire system, and then are using a .BAT file in the Windows' Startup folder to start VoiceGuide v6 application.

VoiceGuide v6 should only be started after the Dialogic drivers are fully started.

Maybe you should give the Dialogic drivers more time to startup then the 60 seconds that it looks like you give them right now. Try 180 seconds and see if this results in VoiceGuide being started well after the Dialogic drivers have fully started.

VoiceGuide v7 manages Dialogic driver startup so no such special allowances need to be made when using VoiceGuide v7. And Dialogic drivers for use with VoiceGuide v7 are available from our WWW Downloads page.

When the Voiceguide does not response to incoming call, I have reboot the system and manual start VoiceGuide and it works.

That is why I created the .BAT file and put in the windows' Startup folder to start VoiceGuide v6 application with the 60 seconds. The .BAT file also served to start Voiceguide automatically when there is power failure. Will test it out with 300 seconds delay.

Is there anyway I can check whether the version of Dialogic drivers installed is evaluation version (only designed to work for 10 hours) ?

Is the Dialogic drivers for VoiceGuide V7 support the older "D/4 PCI" dialogic card ?

When the Voiceguide does not response to incoming call, I have reboot the system and manual start VoiceGuide and it works.

have you tried:

1. stop VoiceGuide

2. stop Dialogic drivers/service

3. wait till Dialogic drivers/service have fully stopped

4. start Dialogic drivers

5. start VoiceGuide

If this sequence results in working system then looks like the Dialogic drivers are what has stopped working.

Not sure how you find out whether Dialogic drivers are evaluation or not. You should contact the Dialogic card supplier - they are the ones that should have supplied the drivers along with the card. maybe there is something shown in the DCM's Help->About information screen?

Is the Dialogic drivers for VoiceGuide V7 support the older "D/4 PCI" dialogic card ?

They support pretty much all D/4PCI series cards. Worth a try.