VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Voicemail

At the moment all output from the voiceguide scripts is sent using the email module... The problem is that the people I need to send the information to dont all have access to email..

The data I need to send is a recorded file that was recorded from inside voiceguide and also some text...

What I thought I could do is somehow get people to call into there voicemail box and retrieve the information.. I have TTS on the computer so I thought that ATT TTS could speak the text output and somehow the sound file could be played as well...

What I want to know is #:

Is this possible and could you let me know how i would achieve this so at the end of the call that collects the info the message and sound file go straight to the voicemail box of the appropriate person..

Many Thanks

Matt Thompson

You can save the recorded sound files into the Voicemail box by placing the recorded file in VoiceGuide's \data\VmSave\ subdirectory and naming as the voicemail system names them.

You can look through the scripted voicemail system to see how the filename is constructed, basically its:

sFname = sVmbId & "_" & sDateTimeStamp & "_1_" & iLineId & "_" & sContactNumber & "_$RV[VmbId_Reply].wav"

(See the scripts vmLm.vgs and vmSendMsg.vgs scripts in particular)

After saving the file you can also use the Vm_ForwardMsg COM function to forward the messages as per each mailboxes settings...

If using TTS to speak some information the sound file which was spoken is saved in VoiceGuide's \data\ subdirectory. You may copy this file into the voicemail box as well... it will be a separate message unless you concatenate the sound files together first: (see http://voiceguide.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=519 )

thankd for this the overview seems to make sense.. One thing I am not too sure of is how the TTS text files gets spoken into wav file format and if this is say a 20 min TTS file (Not realy) will it take 20 mins before my next call can be made?.. Please can you explain..

Thanks

Matt

It takes a lot less time to create a TTS file then it takes to speak it... exactly how fast it depends on how fast your computer is...

It sounds like you want to create a WAV file using TTS without playing it to the caller at the time when it is getting created... you may need to find a different utility which can do that for you and call this utility from a Run Program module...