VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Dtmf Not Recognized

days ago i have downloaded VG5 for tryout, because the software i was using before, was not that comfortable for editing scripts. after installation i have created a simple script, but an "unrecognized file format" occured while testing. the same announcements worked on old software. i have found that VG supports only 8000hz, 16 bit, mono recordings. i have converted the files, everthyng is ok, greetings are played, but when i press keys corresponding to submenus in scripts, system just does not recognize DTMF tones, it keeps playing announcement. even when announcement is finished and VG is waiting for digits, it does not respond to keypresses. the old soft i had, did not have any problem with this. i found on your forum that only way to fix this, is to bye a new modem. but why whould i waste additional money on buying other modem, when other softwares interact with modem normally. i realy liked VG interface and features and i want it to work properly on my current modem, plz help me.

P.S. i'm using USR external modem

You can double check if the modem is informing VoiceGuide of the keys being pressed or not by viewing the VoiceGuide's trace log:

When running the script click on VoiceGuide's View menu and select 'Event Trace Log' option - any log information will then appear in this window. You must open the trace window before making the call.

It's possible that the modem is reporting the DTMF tones but because there is no part defined for them then they are being ignored...

I would not expect the modems to behave differently (as far as DTMF detection reliability goes) depending on software used - especially when the sound file has finished playing...

Maybe you can try using VoiceGuide v2.9 - that old version controls the modem directly instead of using the Wave drivers...

When we tested the Wave drivers vs direct control a few years back we have found the two different control methods did not affect modem's DTMF detection reliability... the Wave drivers are just a conversion layer in Windows itself and the modem itself should be still controlled using essentially the same AT commands...