VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Dial &conference Success Connected

Hi!

i'm use dial & conference to make the call transfer, and the end

i'm need to record the $RV_CALLLENGTH if the call successfully connect and the

receive caller success pickup the call.

Q1. So, which variable determine the call transfer was successfully pickup by the receive caller?

Q2. can i'll reset the value of $RV_CALLLENGTH=0 when at the point to make the

dial & conference module?

Thkx/AlexAw

Q1. So, which variable determine the call transfer was successfully pickup by the receive caller?

If you want to determine that then the script becomes a bit more complicated...

The "Dial & Conference" will do just that - and only that - the caller will hear the second line ringing & then answering (or busy, or answer machine etc), but there is no event to indicate when the call has been actually answered...

I can see that you need to time the actual call length, and that you want to be quite precise about it, so:

To get an indication of when the call has been actually answered you need to do things a bit differently... it basically involves making a call on another line, and then when the call is answered running a script on that 2nd line which will inform the original caller that the outgoing call is answered... and only then will the two lined be bridged together...

When using Analog lines you cannot detect if the outgoing call is answered while having the outgoing line 'bridged' with another line - you need to use Digital lines to do that...

The attached sample script shows the approach - it's a cut down "Prepaid Calling Cards" demo script - I cannot give out the whole script but this should be enough to get you started...

Prepaid_Calling_Card.zip

Please answer the previous Q2. Problem in Q1, i'm ask in details direct via your email.

thkx/AlexAw

Q2. can i'll reset the value of $RV_CALLLENGTH=0 when at the point to make the dial & conference module?

$RV_CALLLENGTH is a system (VG) RV and it's value cannot be changed in the scripts - I'd suggest copying it's value to another variable (say $RV[startTime]) at the beginning of the time that you want to measure, and then when checking the time elapsed time just subtract that RV from $RV_CALLLENGTH.