VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Variable Mute Lapse At Begin Of Outbound Messages

I'm doing an application for send voice urgent messages, using analogic phone lines using an Dialogic analogic D/4PCI-U Card and obviusly your voiceguide software v7.

I found a big problem that I can not fix upto now. That Is the time span in silence (mute) that occurs in all outbound calls , between when the user picks up the phone and when the user begins to hear the first speech. The rest of the script works very fine.

The mute time is completely variable, sometimes 1 or 2 seconds, but other like between 7 and 10 seconds, or sometimes maybe from 15 to 30 seconds, and even sometimes due to excesive mute time comes to stop communication.

During this mute period of time on the application "wcf v7.0.4033.28140 VoiceGuide Monitor status" into the state of the port used appears "machine end of Answer.Wait for welcome message ..."

Maybe I can be interesting to remark, this mute span time at the beginning of the script not appears never in incoming calls, only occurs on outbound calls.

Attached I send you the configurarion files in order to avoid spend time trying to define my current environment, also sent the a set of voiceguide log files just during one of this situation of excesive mute time.

If you need aditional information, please let me know.

I am very interested in solve this situation a soon as possible.

Thanks in adavnce for help.

0102_0810_vgEngine.txt

0102_ktTel.txt

0102_ktTts.txt

Attached trace shows 3 calls.

Trace shows that on first 2 calls the Dialogic card did not hear any Ringbacks on the line, and no other sounds that can be classified as a human or machine answer:

081307.248 6 1 1 state Dialing (auto) 3622

081353.874 18 1 1 ev Dialogic 133,TDX_CALLP, crn=20000001, 9,0,0,CR_NORB,,

081353.891 6 1 1 state Human answer. Start [D:\DESARROLLOS\VIA\VG_Scripts\CALL1.vgs]

081452.829 6 1 1 state Dialing (auto) 3622

081539.439 18 1 1 ev Dialogic 133,TDX_CALLP, crn=20000002, 9,0,0,CR_NORB,,

081539.439 6 1 1 state Human answer. Start [D:\DESARROLLOS\VIA\VG_Scripts\CALL1.vgs]

When extension 362 was answerwed did person answering the handset say anything into the phone? (eg: "hello...")

When dialing out on analog likes the Dialogic card determines when call is answered by listening to what can be heard on the line.

If it doe not not detect any Ringback and person/machine answering the call does not say anything then three is no way to determine what is happening on the call. After 45 seconds of silence the Dialogic ard reports - "I don't know what is happening - I did not even hear the ringback tone".

Please also see: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/html/detectcallanswer.htm

On the 3rd call we can see that the Dialogic card detected thre answering machine answered the call about 9 seconds after beginning to dial the number:

081607.001 6 1 1 state Dialing (auto) 3622

081616.961 18 1 1 ev Dialogic 133,TDX_CALLP, crn=20000003, 10,4,0,CR_CNCT,CON_PAMD,

081616.993 6 1 1 state Machine Answer. Wait for end of welcome message...

081618.372 6 1 1 state Run Answer Machine script [D:\DESARROLLOS\VIA\VG_Scripts\CALL1.vgs]

Thanks for your answer.

The functionality I need is pretty basic.

I do not need made differences between machine or a human answers, in fact I am attaching the same script for both reactions.

I've been doing many tests, modifying the configuration file vg.ini,

[VGDialer]

AM_DetectionMode = Disabled

AM_SilenceDetectLength = 0

AM_SilenceDetectLevel = 0

AM_WelcMsgMinLen = 0

But I'm not able to get an immediate response from the script, just as happens in the incoming call.

To try, implement the system, please, could you indicate me what are the configuration parameters related in order to help me in get this basic functionality or what I can try in order to go on.

Thank you very much again.

On analog lines, the Dialogic card can detect call answer when the person (or machine) answering the call starts speaking.

On analog lines, the Dialogic card can usually detect the call as being answered within 1 second of when the person (or machine) answering the call starts speaking.

If the handset is just picked up and nothing is spoken into it the Dialogic analog card will not report the call as answered.

Only calls placed Digital T1/E1 ISDN trunks, and over VoIP, are advised the instant when the call recipient picks up the handset.

Analog based systems need to wait for "Hello.." to detect that the call is answered.

Please see: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/html/detectcallanswer.htm