VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Installation Problem

Hi,

I am trying to install a Dialogic D/4PCI under Windows 2000 SP2 to use with VoiceGuide / Natural Voices but I am having problems.

I have fitted the card and installed V5.1.1 of the system software.

When I run the configuration utility, the board is not found but a node of 'Antares Global Settings' with a sub-node of 'Parameters' is created. If I manually add the D/4PCI as a device and then try to start it, it does not start correctly ('error starting Dialogic service').

The drivers have been installed correctly as far as I can see. I used the Windows device manager and pointed it at the dialogic\drvr directory. It picked up the dlgcsram_nt4 file as the preferred driver and the system software does detect that a board is present.

Has anyone come across this problem before?

I have trawled through the Dialogic help files but I would expect the system software to detect that the D/4PCI is present without having to add it manually.

Any ideas?

After installing SR5.1.1 the Dialogic's Configuration Manager (DCM) should just pick up the card when you select "Auto Detect Devices" from the "Action" menu.

If it doesn't then the only thing I can suggest is to try placing the card in another PCI slot... if that does not work I'd try another computer and if it still does not work then maybe the card is dead...

Just to let you know that I managed to resolve this problem. After much searching on the internet, I found a document that says to turn the Plug and Play setting on the computer's BIOS to off. I did this and then the dialogic software recognised the D/4PCI as expected.