VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Communications

My VoIP provider tell me that sometimes my VG try to communicate on 200 lines!!!

I'm licensed for 14 lines both on VG and HMP.

My ini file have 14 lines listed.

Sometimes i see on the line status screen, many phones numbers just flashings on it. At the same time my provider tell me that i have problem.

What should-I do?

There would not be more simultaneous calls then the number of lines/devices licensed to be used.

If you would like you can post the VoiceGuide traces (vgEngine and keTel) capturing the time when you see the "many phones numbers just flashing on it" situation and we can then advise what is actually happening on the system at that time. WireShark traces can also be used to provide an independent trace of SIP message activity on system (see www.wireshark.org)

Most likely what is happening is that the outbound call is being immediately disconnected by remote end, so another outbound call is being made on the same device after the previous outbound call was disconnected. The traces would indicate what is happening on system.

Supplied traces show that between 10AM and 5PM close to 13,000 outbound calls were made using the 14 channels.

Looking at the events we can see that new calls on each device were only placed after previous call on that device was ended/released.

GREP extract of events attached. HMP's CRN IDs also never go above 14.

WireShark can be be used to independently confirm when calls were ended as the SIP messages themselves would be seen in the WireShark traces.

Also, the version used on this system is not the current version. More information is available in traces from new versions, hence we would recommend updating system to latest version of VoiceGuide (just install new version over the top of existing version).

ev_ALL.zip