VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Eval Version Script Manager Corrupted?

After I downloaded the huge file for the eval version I then installed on a win2k sp2 system.

Invoking the script manager in order to change the way it handles the extra mailboxes that I added I noticed that the window was not being refreshed/repainted after a change - one time it locked up and I had to kill the app.

Any hints?

After what changes wasn't the windows refreshed?

Are you able to reproduce the problem and if so can you describe how it can be reliably reproduced?

I reloaded the software after uninstalling it (which did not deletre any directories for some unknown reason?).

I then tried again and it seemed to work ok.

Next I tried to try a couple of sample scripts using the voicemail mail box. When I tried to record a new welcome message - it recorded ok. However upon a test the system said there was a format error in the wav file. It seems that I needed to convert to the 8khz 16 bit mono from the 8khz 8 bit mono as recorded. Perhaps your software should catch this at the record time and suggest auto conversion (other systems do this).

Finally I tried setting up a few sample mail boxes and tested it using a second line - this seemed ok except when I went to retreive a voice mail, listen to it then delete it and listen to the next. Since there was only one message, there was no next and the vbscript just kept running some "beep" without any way to end it except to hang up.

I then left it for a couple of hours and wanted to test it a bit more. However the next call that came in caused the "register" to pop up and will not let me trial it anymore unless I do register it.

So I guess there are a limited number of incoming calls to test this app that I seems to have exceeded.

So now I have no way of resting it since I assume that reloading does not clear it.

Since my aim was to select a 1 or 2 line system for a very small business (less than 9 mail boxes, perhaps this is not the correct choice for me.

I also do not understand the limits of th e "personal" version very well compared to the trial version. I would have liked to try the cut down version since I do not need all the features (although emailing a recorded message would have been nice to have since I could have sent to my RIM Blackberry device).

THanks for letting me try it anyway.

However upon a test the system said there was a format error in the wav file. It seems that I needed to convert to the 8khz 16 bit mono from the 8khz 8 bit mono as recorded.

Was the mailbox's welcome message recorded by pressing "Record" button in Voicemail manager, or by logging into the mailbox and selecting the "Change welcoming message" option from the "administer mailbox" menu?

In both cases we would have expected for the created file to be 8kHz 16bit Mono - that is what voice modems record in and that is the type of file that VoiceGuide instructs the Sound File to record (if using "Record" button in voicemail manager).

Could you please advise what method was used and if possible replicate the recording and .zip up the resulting sound file and post it?

(Are you using voice modems on both lines?)

Finally I tried setting up a few sample mail boxes and tested it using a second line - this seemed ok except when I went to retreive a voice mail, listen to it then delete it and listen to the next. Since there was only one message, there was no next and the vbscript just kept running some "beep" without any way to end it except to hang up.

The only time a 'beep' is played is before recording - it sounds like you may have inadvertently wound up in some recording menu...

Could you please post a copy of VoiceGuide's Debug Printout which captures the problem, this will allow us to see what is going wrong.

(When running the script click on VoiceGuide's View menu and select 'Event Trace Log' option - any log information will then appear in this window. You must open the trace window before making the call.)

So now I have no way of resting it since I assume that reloading does not clear it.

Just restart the software - it will then run for another hour. This is the only time limitation.

Which version of VoiceGuide are you using?

Was the mailbox's welcome message recorded by pressing "Record" button in Voicemail manager, or by logging into the mailbox and selecting the "Change welcoming message" option from the "administer mailbox" menu?

I used the scripts window - it starts out as the VMWelcome default message. So I record from there. The Sound recorder window opens. I selected new. I then look at the properties of the new file - it defaults in my machine to PCM 22.050 kHz 8 bit mono. So I guess that I did not see this at first and jsut recorded and saved the file in that default format. If I subsequently convert to the 8kHz 16 bit mono, then it is ok. So I guess the lesson learned is that if you create your own new sound file this way it may not be in the correct format.

(Are you using voice modems on both lines?)

No, I have only a single line connected to a single voice modem (the other line is normally used for faxes and internet connections).

Could you please post a copy of VoiceGuide's Debug Printout which captures the problem, this will allow us to see what is going wrong.

I shall email the zip file OK?

Which version of VoiceGuide are you using?

The about trial version says 5.1.3011

Just restart the software - it will then run for another hour. This is the only time limitation.

So al I have to do to do a 8 hour test is to schedule the program to run for one hour then shut it down then start it up again? I want to be able to see how it does over a long time period.

I shall email the zip file OK?

I can see from emailed trace file that after deleting the last message in the voicemial mailbox the caller then proceeded to press the "*" key (the "0" key should be used to return to main menu). there was a bug in the scripts which resulted in some DTMF tones being played if this key was pressed (DTMF tones are different to the pre-recording 'beep' tone - but they do sound quite similar..)

The bug has now been fixed. please unzip the attached files into VoiceGuide's \system\vm\ subdirectory - overwriting existing files.

The new VM system files will be in release v5.1.3 onwards.

So al I have to do to do a 8 hour test is to schedule the program to run for one hour then shut it down then start it up again? I want to be able to see how it does over a long time period.

Yes. Note that if you set up automated restarts then any calls on system when a restart occurs will be dropped...

vm.zip