VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

New Error After Upgrade To 5.1

Hello,

I've upgraded VoiceGuide from 5.0a to 5.1, and now every time I run the trace log, I'm flooded with 'Error 5.1.3005 DialListDbFindDueCall Object Variable or With Block Variable not set'

'Error 5.1.3005 DialListDbFindDueCall Too few parameters'

I assume two things: 1. Some component probably did not self-register properly

2. This is part of VG Dialer, which I don't use.

What can I do to stop these errors from cluttering up my trace log?

Uninstalling v5.0 does not delete any new files not created by the install - this applies amongst others to two database files (ending in .MDB) which are in VoiceGuide's \data\ subdirectory...

Please stop VG and delete those two files - then restart VG. VG will create the two files automatically if they are not there and v5.1 will create them in the correct format that it expects....

Hi,

Actually, the product wasn't upgraded -- the upgrade didn't work because TapiWrap.ocx would not self-register, so I trashed the whole computer and re-built it (I wanted to anyway because some of the other VoiceMail programs I evaluated committed horrendous atrocities to the computer, most notably IVM, which caused Windows Script Host to not work any more!).

I thought I could get away with copying the data folder from 5.0a back into the new install and not lose the month of hard work and endless commitee meetings to decide how to configure this system.

It doesn't give me the warning any more, so thanks for that. Is there anything else that I should be aware of when trying to re-install VG and restoring old data to the folders from backup?

Thanks.

The internal use databases (.MDB files) are pretty much the only thing that changes every few versions or so... The voicemailbox configs work from version to version pretty well...

But it's a good idea after uninstalling VG to rename the remaining directory tree to something else (unless you intend to install the next version of VG in a completely different directory)

We're sort of interested why the TapiWrap.ocx would not self-register... were you tryuing to intall the "Dialogic intall" option of VG before installing and configuring the Dialogic cards themselves?