VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Switch To Different Script Base On Caller Id

Hi,

I have thousands of customers who are divided into 4 different group and a database hold the customers' ID. When customers call in for information(price and Catetgory are different from each group), Can VoiceGuide switch to different parts of scripts base on caller ID that database hold? I read the help file and learn VoiceGuide do have this function,But we gotta assign each caller ID one by one.That's really big job for thousands of ID. Any reply are appreciated.

Thanks.

VoiceGuide is very flexible and can be easily set up to go to various scripts/modules depending on Caller ID or info retrieved from databases etc etc..

If your database stores the Caller ID info then you can do a search of the database using Caller ID and retrieve info about this customer...

Can you provide more information about what you'd like the script to do?

Yes, the scripts is pretty much close to the build in database query script.I think I can handle that.I get another question for you. Does the retrieving caller ID in database slow down the system? In another word will the customer feel the hesitation after they enter the caller ID number ?I'm using mysql ODBC.

I compared several Ivr software.VoiceGuide is really good,flexable,easy to use and functional.

thank you

Does the retrieving caller ID in database slow down the system? In another word will the customer feel the hesitation after they enter the caller ID number ?

This all depends on how fast the database used will retrieve the information and return the results. If you have only thousands of customers (as opposed to millions) then you should easily see results returned in under half a second...

A number of other users are using MySql via ODBC with VoiceGuide.

(you may need to set up appropriate indexes set up in your database so that it operates at max speed)