VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Csv Survey Data File

We have conducted a few surveys with VoiceGuide. The data file that is written apparently includes every key stroke whether valid or not, and it just stacks data rather than leaving a blank for a skipped question. So to use the datafile I go through each record and line them up. Is there a better way to take care of

this on the front end? Any suggestions for cleaning it up?

The data file that is written apparently includes every key stroke whether valid or not, and it just stacks data rather than leaving a blank for a skipped question.

What data file are you referring to? What writes the data file? It sounds like it is the script that is writing it and in that case the script should be designed in such a way that it writes a blank line to the file whenever a question is skipped...

Yes, I am talking about the csv file created by the script which logs respondent answers. How do you write the script in such a way so that skipped questions write a blank cell? And how do you write the script to write only valid answers?

You may be able to use an Evaluate Expression module to assign a space character to a Result Variable - and then select to have that saved in the log files... then whenever a question is skipped just have the script go through such a module..

I think to assign a blank character you may just use

" "

in the Evaluate Expression module, and then just create some RV to assign it to and ensure the "Store Results in Log file" option box is checked.

If " " does not work maybe try using "_"