VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Using 2 Voip Lines

I have two accounts at my VOIP provider and I would like to use them to call two numbers at the same time.

I realized in the database in CallQue.CallOptions the same entry in two rows (each for different numbers) while I specified two different entries in Outbound Call Loader (Call Options).

How to configure making outbound by two lines at the same time?

To make multiple calls you need to have multiple VoIP lines enabled under HMP and VoiceGuide.

I think that right now you are using a single line HMP Evaluation license, right?

You will need to purchase a HMP license to make multiple calls (you can use Evaluation version of VoiceGuide - which allows up to 30 channels to be opened in Evaluation mode).

Please contact sales@voiceguide.com to purchase the Dialogic HMP licenses.

I think I'm using two line Evaluation Licence - please look at enclosed screen.

I registered two accounts in my VOIP provider, configured two lines in config (I see them in line status monitor) but works only one.

HMP_licence.zip

Can you please post VoiceGuide's Config.xml file as well as the VoiceGuide logs capturing system startup and what happens when you load two outbound calls into the system.

If you have VoiceGuide opening two channels then you should be able to make two calls simultaneously (one on each line), with both calls being made immediately after they are loaded into the system.

If you want to make the outbound calls using two separate accounts then you will probably need to include the <CallerId></CallerId> entry in the Call Options field. eg:

<CallerID>17775551234@callcentric.com</CallerID>

with the caller ID indicating what account that call is made from.

I tried calling two numbers at the same time once more.

Added Caller_IDs (screen attached).

These two calls happened, but one by one. What is more, I checked, both were on the same account in my voip provider (I defined two accounts in config....).

Logs_2011_08_03_2lines.zip

Trace shows the two calls were made at same time:

214638.031 6 3 1 dial StartOutgoingCall start tel[48600108076@sip.easycall.pl] live[F:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\Scripts\Survey\Short_survey_test.vgs] am[] fax[] onNotAnswered[] onRetriesEnd[] rv[] CampaignName[test2] options[<CallerID>923129@easycall.pl</CallerID>

<CallerID>336846@easycall.pl</CallerID>] ID=5

214638.140 6 3 1 state Dialing 48600108076@sip.easycall.pl...

214638.234 19 3 1 ev Dialogic 2081,GCEV_ALERTING, crn=8000001, 2081,0,0,,,

214638.234 19 3 1 state Dialing 48600108076@sip.easycall.pl... Ringing...

214639.437 6 7 2 dial StartOutgoingCall start tel[48602205933@sip.easycall.pl] live[F:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\Scripts\Survey\Short_survey_test.vgs] am[] fax[] onNotAnswered[] onRetriesEnd[] rv[] CampaignName[test2] options[<CallerID>923129@easycall.pl</CallerID>

<CallerID>336846@easycall.pl</CallerID>] ID=6

214639.468 6 7 2 state Dialing 48602205933@sip.easycall.pl...

214639.546 19 7 2 ev Dialogic 2081,GCEV_ALERTING, crn=8000002, 2081,0,0,,,

214639.546 19 7 2 state Dialing 48602205933@sip.easycall.pl... Ringing...

But almost immediately after receiving a message that the 48602205933 number is ringing (ALERTING), we receive a message that the call is disconnected:

214639.640 19 7 2 ev CallState GCEV_DISCONNECTED, crn=8000002, iEvent=2 ,16384,0,64,,,]. vgEngine v7.2.4160.36381 (2011-05-23 19:12:42.09)

You would need to speak to the SIP service provider to ask them whey the second call was disconnected immediately after it was dialed and started ringing.

the 48602205933 number is redialed at a later time, when it's retry delay time is up:

214809.562 6 3 1 state Dialing 48602205933@sip.easycall.pl...

You will notice that same CallerID was used on both calls.

This could be the reason why 2nd call was was disconnected immediately.

To load multiple calls each with its own CallerID you cannot use the the telephone number loader app. Telephone number loader app loads the same CallerID expression for each loaded call (the first one is taken if multiple ones are listed).

You should probably look at using the XML file method to load calls into system.

I used database connection to import a few numbers to call and I used different CallerID for 2 different

numbers in order to use two lines in the same time.

Dialing works but still only one line (I registered 2 lines - I my previous post you have my Config file if needed).

I checked WireShark logs and I found that during dialing second number on the list there is SIP status "forbidden". Probably that is why second line does'n work. I realized that for the two lines is used the same port during registration - 5060. Is that correct? (how to change it?).

regards,

VG_soka

Logs_2011_08_15_.zip

I realized that for the two lines is used the same port during registration - 5060. Is that correct? (how to change it?).

This is fine. Call control messages for multiple calls can be exchanged over one connection on same port.

I found that during dialing second number on the list there is SIP status "forbidden".

You should ask your SIP provider why they are responding with this message.

Hi,

I discussed the issue with my VOIP provider.

What I heard was : you should setup 2 different port numbers for the 2 accounts you use. I mean I should setup 1 port number (5060 for example) for 1 line and other (5061 for example) for the second line. In wireshark logs (attached) it is shown that both lines try to connect via 5060 port - something like "INVITE..Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 192.168.1.11:5060;"

Is that possible to make that setup?

What is more - I made an experiment and changed the order of my registrattion accounts in config file. It caused the second number (line) which didn't work earlier started to work, but the first one stopped. Please look into attached config file.

Have got any idea what to do to make progress ?

regards

Logs_2011_08_16.zip

HI,

I have found the solution !!! :-)

The issue is Identity (Authentication part of config).

To use 2 lines (two accounts) it is needed to insert two identities. Earlier I had these fields blank.

regards.

OK, thanks for letting us know that you have found a solution.

So looks like what was needed here was to have two <VoIP_Authentication> entries in Config.xml (as well as two <VoIP_Registration> entries), with the <VoIP_Authentication> both for same realm/domain, but each one using a different username/password and using the <Identity> entry to indicate for what registered user that name/password should be used.

This is already alluded to in the http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/html/config_voip_register.htm help file entry for <Identity>, guess it would be a good idea to include in the Help file an example that shows the actual configuration for multiple numbers.

Please let us know if you encounter any issues in the future,