VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Outbound Calling - Test For Complete

I need to be able to know when an outbound campaign has completed. For example, I may need to call 15 numbers and when that has completed dialing, I need to send an email or make a call to report on the status.

Please advise.

This is not currently built into the Dialer.

VoiceGuide allows adding new calls at any time, and these calls can have any campaign tag attached to them, so the only way to check if campaign is completed is to have a look in database that holds outbound calls to see if there are still any other calls with that campaign name associated with it that are still in queue.

And to get full client interaction related stats you would probably need to ensure that all calls tagged with that campaign name have completed as well, so not only would you need to check database, but ensure that there are no currently connected calls that have had been tagged as part of this campaign.

At this stage VoiceGuide and Dialer would need to be modified to provide this feature. It would not be a big modification however. Please contact sales@voiceguide.com if you would like to look into having this modification made.

OK, I thought that would be the case. I was planning to make a script outside of VG altogether. If I access the VG database from an outside program, how would I connect?

The default database engine that VoiceGuide uses on installation is SQLite. (You can specify others of you'd like, with MySQL and MS SQLServer being most common).

The database file is vgDb.db

You connect to it using a number of ways. There are ADO.NET Adapters for SQLite, ODBC drivers etc.