VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Picks Up; Begins To Play; Hangs Up

I am runniing a Dialogic D/41ESC on Windows 2000 Version 5.0 (build 2195:SP4)

I have downloaded and installed Dialogic driver 5.1.1 as your site suggests.

I am using Verizon POTS lines plugged directly into the Dialogic card.

I followed your very thorough instructions and got all the way to the point where I test the installation with Dialogic's Talker32 app.

When I call into the system it picks up the phone after the second ring; it begins playing the play.way file "Thank you for calling Dialogic Corporation..." and it hangs up sometimes right away at "Th..." and sometimes getting all the way to "...Dialo..."

Is there some setting that isn't right?

Any help would be appreciated.

P.S. Your documentation and support seem first class which is why I opted for VoiceGuide.

Thank you.

-Brian

If even the Dialogic's Talker32 app does not work then there is something wrong with the system config...

Dialogic SR5.1.1 is only certified for use under Win2000 SP2 (and WinNT SP6a) - (info on this is in the SR5.1.1 release notes)

I'd recommend complete reformat and then install just a clean Win2000 SP2, and then SR5.1.1

Do you know for a fact that Dialogic 5.1.1 does not work with Windows 2000 Version 5.0 SP4?

The solution you propose is rather drastic. I just purchased Windows 2000 Professional and it came with SP4 out of the box. I don't know if I can regress it back to SP2. Do you know if this can be done?

Thanks for your help.

Don't know for sure - we've never tested Talker32 (or VoiceGuide) on Win2000 with SP4 with Dialogic.

I don't know how to regress back to SP2 from SP4 - what we usually do is do an install of a clean Win2000 and then apply SP2. You may check the "Add/Remove Programs" to see if it can be uninstalled. You may need to ask your local computer store (or Microsoft) for a Win2000 SP2 install CD...

It's really hard to tell what is causing the problem as it's not something I've seen before (and I could not find any previous references to such issues raised in this forum)...

It may be some sort of an interrupt problem? - you can change interrupts used using the Dialogic Configuration Manager.

Maybe try plugging the card into a different PCI slot?

I went to the Dialogic site and found this support page

http://resource.intel.com/telecom/support/...equirements.htm

"Placed the TAPIARGS.INI file in your <winnt>/system32 directory, allowing you to start TALKER32 with the default parameters."

I did not have this file copied into the system32 directory. I did as the page instructed and now the line is picked up; the entire message plays and the board hangs up about 3 seconds or so after I hang up the phone. It does not hang up right after the message is done playing. It waits for me to hang up first. I don't know if that is what it is supposed to do or not.

Please tell me if this is correct.

As soon as the board picks up the line, the color on the Talker32 line goes to black/"pickup" for a fraction of a second; it then turns yellow and the prompt says "Hang up" but it doesn't hang up until I hang up first. Is this what it is supposed to do?

Thanks

Had a look at that INI file and it appears that the settings in it deal with Tone Detection and Max Length of Recording areas... still it sounds like the system is all working well now...

it then turns yellow and the prompt says "Hang up" but it doesn't hang up until I hang up first. Is this what it is supposed to do?

Yes. In Talker32 you need to press the "Hangup" button in order for it to Hangup (press Info button to test play/rec in meantime)