VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Need Help To Run .exe Applicatio In Vb Script Module

The Run Program module can be used to run a VB Script or a Java Script in the Windows Script Host, by calling the csript.exe and wscript.exe script interpreters, with the filename of the script to run as an argument..

can you provide an example how to use the above technique.

-

I want to run this a .exe application which will accepts three parameters and creates a .wav file and .txt file at a specified location.

we are using it successfully. but the location and module values are changes if caller wan'ts the information of last ten location then we are running this convert3.exe application 10 times which wil take around 12-15 second and this complete processes generates 10 wav files.. which we will use it later in script to inform user.

this process of generating 10 .wav files is done in 3 modules

1-RUN MODULE to execute convertor3.exe

2-Evaluate expression to keep track of counter

3-VBScript module to get the next location and module values from webservice. which are passed as a parameter to .exe

--

so as we are running 3 modules we cannot play a single file in background to inform user that process is running and it will take.

---------------

solution is run all the three modules in one supparate .vbs or .vgs script file which will do the same work.. and we can play a single file in the background to inform user that the process is running.

so i need a simple example of

Run Program module can be used to run a VB Script or a Java Script in the Windows Script Host, by calling the csript.exe and wscript.exe script interpreters..

which willl solve the problem

-- i hope that i was clear in explaining the problem. and what the solution i needed.

wscript.exe (name of file.vgs) is this is correct

wscript.exe (name of file.vbs) is this is correct

--

give a detail example

my email id is taquiuddin@gmail.com

To run a script file from the Run Program module you would need to specify a command line like this:

cscript 'c:\path\yourscript.vbs'

Make sure to specify the full path to your script file. Use quotes if the path/filename contains any spaces.

Directory in which Cscript.exe / WScript.exe are located should be in the PATH environment variable, so there is usually no need to specify the full directory to them.

Or you can just take the VBScript that you want to run and copy it into a VoiceGuide 'Run VBScript' module.

thanks for replying and for the help.

I able to execute the .exe application in RUNVB script module using this code

Set wshShell = WScript.CreateObject ("WSCript.shell")

wshshell.run "E:\converter3\Release\converter3.exe /s "& location & " /d "& line & " /m 2" & cntr, 6, True

set wshshell = nothing

this is working fine for me.