VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Vg Dialer On Sip

Hi,

I would like to use VG Dialer based on SIP technology.

I have installed Dialogic HMP and Voice Guide, configured VOIP Line Registration (as Voice Guide Help says).

Later I read that I should have been configured HMP - here is my problem I think.

I want to test the whole environment on the desktop with dynamic IP (connection via port USB).

My IP address in the device propertis in HMP (Deafult IP address) is not the same as I have.

Please let me know if it is possible to configure HMP and VG Dialer in that kind of "internet environmet".

If yes what I should check/setup first and how.

Regards,

It should not matter that your IP address changes. The registration with your SIP provider should still work.

If you have problems with VoiceGuide/HMP registering with your SIP provider then please post the VoiceGuide and WireShark traces capturing the system start up.

Hi,

I've read that HMP work properly there "dm3enum.cfg must be created and stored in the Dialogic\cfg directory".

I'm not sure if I did properly, but I enclosed that file with command "board 1".

Logs for HMP looks like - look into files.

There are lots of errors...

I still can not use outbound call loader even if I see in VG Status Monitor there are 2 lines with ststaus "waiting for a call...".

Please give me any suggestions.

SokA.

rtflog-LOCAL-20110719-19h12m51.703s.txt

dm3enumerate.log

I see in VG Status Monitor there are 2 lines with ststaus "waiting for a call...".

Have you tried placing a call into the system by dialing the IP address of the VoiceGuide server from SIP phone or softphone installed on another machine?

Is this call answered?

Please also post VoiceGuide logs. These logs are in VoiceGuide's \log\ subdirectory.

(please .ZIP them up before posting)

I haven't tried inbound calls. I'm interested in outbound calls only, but if it is needed for investigation I will do it.

Write me please a few hints how to do it (how to check my VG IP adress for example).

Here I enclosed logs for VoiceGuide.

First I started HMP ConfManager (I think it is needed first step) - it is working (DM3 is green).

Next I started VG IVR, then VG Status Monitor (2 lines are waiting) and then Outbound Call Manager.

I tried to add one number to autodialer and start the campaign.

For a while (msecunds)1 line status changed to "Dialing ...." and that's all.

Regards,

SokA

VG_log.zip

I haven't tried inbound calls. I'm interested in outbound calls only, but if it is needed for investigation I will do it.

Its best to first confirm system is working by placing inbound calls into it, and then attempt outbound calls.

Write me please a few hints how to do it (how to check my VG IP adress for example).

How to find out your IP: http://www.wikihow.com/Find-the-IP-Address-of-Your-PC

One free softphone that you can use to call from another system on the same ethernet network is SJPhone can be downloaded from: http://www.sjphone.org/

To place call just type in the IP address of the VoiceGuide machine where usually you would type in the phone number.

For outbound calls through the SIP provider we would first need to confirm that the system is registering correctly with the SIP provider.

We would need to see WireShark trace to confirm what is happening during registration. (see: www.wireshark.org )

Once the registration works then the outbound calls can be placed. Note that when making these over VoIP system you need to specify destination using IP address or domain. eg: 48602205933@easycall.pl

For problems with outbound calls we would again need to see WireShark trace to confirm what is happening.

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestions.

I found my IP address, installed softphone on 2 stations in my ethernet.

Short explanation:

1 station is where VG is installed (and softphone)

2 station is with softphone only.

I tried calling 2->1 (dialing IP address):

in the Status monitor there started to be seen "in" in InOut one line, but call was not answered (status waiting for a call).

Next I tried calling 1->2 (using softphone and dialing IP address) - there was success.

What is strange for me, even when call 2->1 was stopped, the line was still marked "in" - is it correct?

At the end I tried outbound call dialing "48xxxxxxxxx@easycall.pl". Status that call changed into Dialing, but that was all.

I'm not sure if the number is correct.

The number I dialed (48xxxxxxxxx) is mobile. Should I place in calling list numbers if format like you wrote: 48xxxxxxxxx@easycall.pl?

I enclose logs for VG and WireShark as well.

Help me check that logs and give any solutions.

Regards,

SokA

VG_Logs_2011_07_21.zip

Wire_Shark_2011_07_21.zip

The attached WireShark trace does not show any incoming calls, and does not show any 'Registration with SIP provider' type activity.

(VoiceGuide traces show that you are trying to register with SIP provider)

Are there any firewalls (eg: Windows builtin Firewall) enabled on the VoiceGuide server which would prevent incoming SIP calls from arriving at system?

Can you please do the following:

1. Stop VG Service.

2. Start WireShark trace (filter for "sip" only)

3. Start VG service.

4. Make inbound call into system from another machine on same Ethernet network.

5. Stop WireShark trace.

6. Save WireShark trace, .ZIP it up and post it here.

once we have registration with SIP provider and incoming calls working we can move onto outbound calls through the SIP provider.

I turned all firewalls off (Windows and router) and even turned off the Norton Network Security.

Than I did the following:

1. Stop VG Service.

2. Start WireShark trace (filter for "sip" only)

3. Start VG service.

4. Make inbound call into system from another machine on same Ethernet network (the same result as yesterday)

5. Stop WireShark trace.

6. Save WireShark trace, .ZIP it up and post it here.

Something additional (maybe helpful).

I realized that when I dial IP address of my router 192.168.1.1 there is signal - waiting for answer (beep -> pause -> beep etc) and on the softphone is "Ringing".

When I dial VG IP address 192.168.1.11 there is signal like when a few are numbers are dialed and on the softphone is "Creating outgoing call".

WireShark_2011_07_22.zip

Your Config.xml does not contain any line definitions.

Did you delete them?

Probably best for you to just re-install VoiceGuide. This will re-install the correct Config.xml for you.

Then try placing calls into VoiceGuide as before, and post traces.

My config file contain definition of 2 voice lines.

I enclosed only my registration and authentication part of config file yesterday.

Look please into enclosed config.

I think without definitions I wouldn's see lines in line status monitor (I mentioned earlier).

Have you got any suggestions?

The VoiceGuide traces that you have attached before show no record of any incoming calls being received by HMP/VoiceGuide, while the WireShark trace (taken on another day?) shows that SIP INVITEs were being received by system at IP level.

So looks like there is some IP connectivity issue on-system that needs to be resolved first.

Are you sure that there are no firewalls or anti-virus etc type apps on this system that may be interfering with network communications?

Are you sure that Norton is not blocking anything?

The WireShark traces do not show any outgoing REGISTER messages from HMP/VoiceGuide, even though the <VoIP_Registrations> and <VoIP_Authentications> sections of your Config.xml and we can see in traces that HMP is instructed to start registration.

So all is pointing that something is blocking IP communications.

If you are unable to pinpoint this the the next step would be to reformat and reinstall Windows, turn off the Windows firewall, and then just install HMP and VoiceGuide and WireShark, and run the incoming call tests again (while capturing WireShark traces etc).

I think the problem is in my config file.

Please look into WireShark logs - there are registrations tryes.

What I changed in config file is Local Alias where I added my IP (dynamic) address.

I turned Norton Firewall off earlier and made Ping IP address to host where VG is installed - finished correct.

PS.

Enclosed file contain logs and config file where I added some explanations - please look for in Config file "<Explanations>".

Regards,

Logs_2011_07_24.zip

WireShark trace shows no response to the REGISTER messages sent out. This suggests that either the SIP providers is not receiving them, or their responses are not arriving back.

Have you tried making a call into the system from softphone on another PC on same network?

Please provide traces capturing those.

Trace now shows incoming SIP INVITEs into the system.

Most likely the calls are not being answered as Voiceguide has been running for more then 1 hour in evaluation mode. In evaluation mode VoiceGuide will run for 1 hour, and then the service needs after 1 hour to make it run again for 1 hour etc.

Please try restarting the VoiceGuide service and placing SIP calls from another PC into the system again.