VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Dialogic/vg And Line Allocation.

Following on my questions about fax integration... I need information to guide my purchasing.

The client definately wants to receive faxes. So I will go with two phone lines. One for the voice menu stuff (voiceguide) and one just for faxes.

Do I get two modems? Or can I get a Dialogic D4/PCIUF and route one line to VoiceGuide and a second line to a fax program? Is it splittable?

Likewise, if I have a D4/PCIUF can I just buy a 1 line VoiceGuide?

I guess I'm just curious if the dialogic card shows up as 4 modems in the computer (win2k) so I can select the different lines with different applications.

Thanks!

Dave

Best way is to just assign a different number to be a fax number and receive faxes on a separate line - whether it be a modem controlled by fax software, or a standalone fax machine - and it sounds like that is now the intended setup.

Best to use a modem - you will be hard pressed to find inexpensive fax software which will work with D/4PCIUF.

Likewise, if I have a D4/PCIUF can I just buy a 1 line VoiceGuide?

Yes, and just use one of the D/4PCIUF's lines.

I guess I'm just curious if the dialogic card shows up as 4 modems in the computer (win2k) so I can select the different lines with different applications.

It doesn't show up as a modem - it's a telephony card and is not controlled like a modem (no AT commands etc...)