VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Auto Attendant System

Sorry if my question sounds too basic; I’m a newbie and can’t seem to figure this out on my own. I own a small business and would like to set up an auto attendant system for my two phone lines. I want VG to answer the call, run through a menu, direct the call to the appropriate submenu/message OR dial an external phone number (such as a cell phone, or home phone number) if needed. A typical menu would look like this:

1. For directions press 1.

2. For office hours press 2.

3. To talk to a human being press 3 (note this option has to dial an external number).

I bought a D/4PCIUF card and downloaded VG 7.2.3. I also downloaded a sample auto attendant script (and all I did was to open the script and let it sit, because I couldn’t find a run button?). I plugged in the phone lines to the dialogic ports. Now when I make a call the VG status shows an incoming call from whatever port but doesn’t answer the call. I know I probably didn't do enough to make this work, but I don't know where to start. Could someone guide me through this set up?

Thank you

The system should after installation answer incoming calls and run the sample 'credit card payment' script.

Could you please post a copy of VoiceGuide's Debug Trace which captures the call, this will allow us to see what happened.

Debug Trace files are created in VG's \log\ subdirectory.

When posting traces/scripts please .ZIP them up and post them as attachments.

OR dial an external phone number

Do you have a facility with the company (or PBX) that supplies the phone lines plugged into the Dialogic card to allow you to transfer calls to external numbers using hookflash?

If not then you may need to use the "Dial and Confenrece" (Tromboned) transfer - but for that you woudl need a Dialogic D/41JCT card. D/4PCIUF cannot do "Dial and Confenrece" (Tromboned) transfers.

VG status shows an incoming call from whatever port but doesn’t answer the call

When VoiceGuide runs in evaluation mode it needs to be restarted every hour. If it is not restarted then it will stop answering calls after about one hour.

Do you have a facility with the company (or PBX) that supplies the phone lines plugged into the Dialogic card to allow you to transfer calls to external numbers using hookflash?

I don't have a PBX. I have business class voice/internet from Comcast with two lines. This may sound like a stupid question...can I purchase a PBX box and set it up myself? If so could you recommend one?

I tried restarting the VG. It still doesn't answer the call. The log file is attached below.

Log.zip

can I purchase a PBX box and set it up myself? If so could you recommend one?

Simple ones are fairly easy to setup. Have a look at the entry level Panasonic range or similar.

I tried restarting the VG. It still doesn't answer the call. The log file is attached below.

Logs show:

155640.642  6   1   0       OpenChanels could not load script [C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\Scripts\Credit Card Payment\Credit Card Payment.vgs]
155740.815  6   3   2 state Ring 2
155740.815  6   3   2       AnswerTheCallIfAllowed iIvrDev=2, strDlgcDevName_Network=dxxxB1C2
155740.816  6   3   2       rings=2, min rings before answer=2 (iCallerIdHasArrived=1)
155740.816  6   3   2       should answer as number of rings reached
155740.816  6   3   2 NOTE  not answering as no script attached to line. (VgsIdx=-1}

Can you confirm the file C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\Scripts\Credit Card Payment\Credit Card Payment.vgs exists on your system? If it does can you .ZIP it up and post it here?