VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Long Term Test Vg Suddenly Fails Outbound

Hi Team,

I been on/off in different coding projects, but implementing VG 7 is key to my company.

I been runnning VG 7 in Win 2003 with SQL 2005 for about a year, rather well. Recently, we changed the internet provider, during recent VG 7 test we noticed that while Voiceguide executes outband calls, it is failing to detect when either a human or ans. machine picks up the line, furthermore, some of my scripts request a DTMF response from the user in order to write to the my SQL DB, DTMF detection/collection also is failing.

Please note, that this test box was build about a 1 year ago and its been running our VG test script rather well, and has remain unchanged since. I realize that I am using an older version of VG 7, but before I proceed to update VG7 with a newer version and before I proceed to spend time experimenting and tweaking the call options variables (XML inforward2vg.zip which I currently have custom settings set), I would like your advice with regards to how to read the attached logs in order to pinpoint where the failure occurs. I'm wondering if the new internet provider connection is to jitteri (too much interference) or dialogic card is going bad...please advice.

Best Regards,

Ralph

we changed the internet provider, during recent VG 7 test we noticed that while Voiceguide executes outband calls, it is failing to detect when either a human or ans. machine picks up the line, furthermore,

From the traces it looks like a Dialogic analog card is used on this VoiceGuide system (D/120JCT ?). Why do you mention then internet provider? Are your telephone connections routed over VoIP atr some stage?

Usually the sound quality of VoIP connections is not as good as traditional analog or digital connections, and hence the AM/Live detection usually does not work as well on VoIP.

some of my scripts request a DTMF response from the user in order to write to the my SQL DB, DTMF detection/collection also is failing.

If the card is not even properly detecting DTMF tones then most likely the quality of the telephone connection is poor.

I'm wondering if the new internet provider connection is to jitteri (too much interference) or dialogic card is going bad...please advice.

Please describe your setup in detail. What are the lines from Dialogic card plugged into? What are you using to convert Analog->VoIP? What internet connection do you have?

Please describe your setup in detail. What are the lines from Dialogic card plugged into? What are you using to convert Analog->VoIP? What internet connection do you have?

My system is a Win2003 Enterprise SP1, MS SQL 2005 Ent., VG7, and the telephony is performed via D/120JCT which is connected to a Linksys SPA8000 (SIP adapter), which is in turned connected to a T1, my VOIP provider is Flowroute.

I am already aware that ideally an ISDN connection is recommended, but, as I mentioned earlier, my D/120JCT connected to the Linksys SPA 8000 solution coupled with custom call options (XML) switches have worked rather well for outbound calls for the past year. Suddenly, everything seems not to be working as before (we only switched ISP) I tried to read/interpret the logs in an attempt to pinpoint the possible cause of failures, without much luck. please advice.

the telephony is performed via D/120JCT which is connected to a Linksys SPA8000 (SIP adapter), which is in turned connected to a T1, my VOIP provider is Flowroute.

So the T1 carries IP traffic only, correct?

I am already aware that ideally an ISDN connection is recommended,

To get professional results for outbound systems ISDN is recommended. (or co-locate in data center with good VoIP provider and ensure that you have a good connection to them and they have good quality connections to dialed numbers).

Suddenly, everything seems not to be working as before (we only switched ISP)

Sounds like its the ISP. As to why, you would now need to do some SIP protocol analysis to measure packet loss/jitter/delay, or maybe ISP is compressing the sound on the SIP connections etc. Such things are sometimes hard to pin down as quality/performance could also be varying depending on other traffic going through the ISPs routers etc.

No such issues with ISDN.

So the T1 carries IP traffic only, correct?

No.

However, I was able to work with my new ISP, we were able to improve the telephony detection results while enabling traffic shaping parameters, and enabling/enhancing QoS parameters.

At this point my set up (analog to sip adapter with custom call option switches) is working at acceptable levels again!! since at this point ISDN is not an option that I am willing to commit too.

Thanks for your feedback!

-r