VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Voip, Call Centric

I tried a few other VOIP analog services and had trouble passing DTMF tones to old diaglogic boards so I am going to try to convert to VOIP on Windows 7 using the HMP drivers with Callcentric. I just want to confirm a few things:

1. Do you have many customers using CallCentric and are they pleased with service. When I mention VG to their sales team, they haven't heard of people connected using your product so I just want to make sure this is a good configruation and works well. If so, do you know which product/service from call centric I would need to order for inbound and outbound dialing.

2. I have text to voice appliatons using AT&T Mike Voice. Will that still work? Any special steps required?

3. How do I upgrade my 6.x license to 7.x which was based on the old analog board? My plan was to install trial version and test first before ordering but I would like to understand the cost for 2 to 4 simultaneous channels. I currently have a 4 port analog card.

4. Are there any special instructions you can point me to that will make this happen properly?

Thanks for your always wonderful support.

1. We do not keep track of which VoIP providers customers use. It is up to you to confirm the VoIP connection will work in your area and over your connection.

2. That voice is fine with v7.

3. Please contact sales@voiceguide.com for license upgrade questions.

4. VoIP connections need to be set up so that you have guaranteed low latency bandwidth to the VoIp provider. Suggest you discuss with VoIP provider and network provider that this is the case.

Okay, I have callcentric and HMP drivers working on my phone through their softphone; however, I cannot get the VG server to talk with their service.

I changed the config file to use the example settings with my login credentials and I am using the trial version of the VG software for now.

My config file is attached with username and password "XXXXXXXX" out for security reasons.

Please advise what I am doing wrong? Since the softphone is working, it means the ISP, ports, etc are all talking over my IP connection to Callcentric and I used the same login credentials so I am not sure what is wrong.

Dear support,

I have the latest version of VG running with Dialogic HMP drivers. Attached, are the log files.

At this time, when I load a number to dial, it shows the number being dialed in the line status monitor but the number doesn't actually have ring on my phone.

Also, when I try to call my call centric number, it doesn't answer with the default script assigned.

If I use a soft phone from same Windows 7 64 bit premium machine, it works so I am hopeful you can help me understand why VG isn't working with Callentric configuration. I sent the config files previsously.

zip log files.zip

Please post your Config.xml file, and the WireShark trace capturing the VoiceGuide/HMP startup.

Attached, please find my config file with the username and password removed for security reasons.

Instead of Wireshark, is it okay if I send a Netmon Trace. I am not familiar with Wireshark and just don't want to introduce any potential security concerns on our servers.

Config-with username and pw removed.zip

WireShark is the right tool for tracing SIP registations/connections. Don't think netmon gives you the packet detail that WireShark does.

With WireShark you can filter for SIP packets and post only the trace of these.

Attached, please find the winshark file. It appears that proxy authentication is required?

Also, I had place a few outgoing calls to a few phone numbers so you will see those requests in the trace.

The winshark capture filter was focues on port 5060.

Please let me know what the problem is.

SIP Capture During Startup.zip

The Proxy-Authenticate request from SIP server is:

Proxy-Authenticate: Digest realm="callcentric.com", domain="sip:callcentric.com", nonce="8cb77997d5a45123ec7fd53caebc26ca", opaque="", stale=TRUE, algorithm=MD5

Your current Config.xml has this:

<VoIP_Registrations>

<VoIP_Registration>

<Display>CallCentric (www.callcentric.com) </Display>

<Protocol>SIP</Protocol>

<RegServer>callcentric.com</RegServer>

<RegClient>17772509325@callcentric.com</RegClient>

<LocalAlias>17772509325@192.168.1.129</LocalAlias>

</VoIP_Registration>

</VoIP_Registrations>

<VoIP_Authentications>

<VoIP_Authentication>

<Display>CallCentric</Display>

<Realm>callcentric.com</Realm>

<Identity>sip:17772509325@callcentric.com</Identity>

<AuthUsername>xxxxxx</AuthUsername>

<AuthPassword>xxxxxx</AuthPassword>

</VoIP_Authentication>

</VoIP_Authentications>

In the VoIP_Authentication section change:

<Identity>sip:17772509325@callcentric.com</Identity>

to

<Identity></Identity>

<Identity> should be left blank unless you have multiple accounts with same provider.

I remove the value in Identity and it's still return same error about Proxy Required. Please see update winshark trace after this change.

I installed x-lite phone and it worked as well but that soft phone had a setting for proxy ON or Proxy Yes. Please note I uninsalled x-lite and rebooted before doing this new test to make sure there were not conflicts.

Callcentric also has a dashboard to show when registration is complete and this is not completing the registration due to the proxy. Please advise what I should try next. We're close!

Winshark- No Identiy.zip

The WireShak trace seems to show that you have specified ddenara as your username in the <AuthUsername> section.

Is that what you have set in your Config.xml?

Shouldn't the username be the telephone number that you have been assigned by callcentric?

Yes, that's my user name. According to call centric, that's my username. Is there any way to set proxy ON or is that how it works by default?

The error is related to Proxy so I believe I am pass authentication. I am using same settings on x-lite softphone and it works fine.

Have you tried using the phone number instead in the <AuthUsername> section?

Usually the phone number is used in <AuthUsername>

Okay, I spoke too soon. My incoming calls now work but outgoing isn't working.

I have attached a winshark trace after loading a call to 15165269534 in the call loader. Any suggestions?

I tried to call 15165269534@callcentric.com but that didn't work.

No outgoing phone calls caputre.zip

WireShark shows the outgoing call INVITE is being sent to IP 67.63.55.3 - which is different then the IP address with which the SIP registration was made.

When loading outgoing calls you usually use a "number @ IP address" notation, eg:

15165269534@204.11.192.23

I tried to send to 15165269534@callcentric.com and that didn't work. I also tried to send to 15165269534@mylocalipaddress and that didn't work.

I also added a CallerID in the <CallOptions> element and that didn't work. Since the number I am trying to dial is a land line, I thought it would work if I sent to @callcentric.com but that's not working. Please let me know what to try next or if you need me to send anything. Incoming calls are now working well...thank you!

I tried to send to 15165269534@callcentric.com and that didn't work.

What about:

15165269534@204.11.192.23

or

15165269534@204.11.192.37

?

I was able to get it to work; however, I have few questions to see if there is a way to set global CallerID value in the config files so this doesn't have to be set on each phone call? The reason I ask is that I was able to make dialing numbers work; however, to make it work, I needed to do the following:

1. I had to create an XML file and drop in data folder.

2. I had to Add <CallOptions><CallerID>accountnumber@callcentric.com</CallerID></CallOptions>

3. The PhoneNumber value had to be number@callentric.com

4. The prefix was set to 1.

Also, is there way through VBscript to set $RV_CIDNUMBER to just the calling number and strip off all the @ipaddress section ?

Thanks again for all the help. Almost there...

Can you please post outdial xml file used, along with the VoiceGuide and WireShark traces which capture the call being loaded and dialed, as well capture an incoming call so that we can wee what the $RV_CIDNUMBER is being set to.

The call number for VOIP is coming in as 1ten-digitnumber@ipaddress.or.fulldomainname so I just used Vbscript and Mid function on $RV_CIDNUMBER to take postion 2 to position 10 which strips off leading 1 and takes the 10-digit number. Then, I used VGset to establish an RV variable value called calleredId.

So, I am all set. Thanks again for the helpful support. It might be a good idea to update the manual if all VOIP systems work that way.

Is there a way to have <CallOptions><CallerID>accountnumber@callcentric.com</CallerID></CallOptions> be a global setting so it doesn't have to be set for each call?

Is there a way to have <CallOptions><CallerID>accountnumber@callcentric.com</CallerID></CallOptions> be a global setting so it doesn't have to be set for each call?

Right now if you want to set the CallerID on the outbound calls then this needs to be done each time the call is loaded. There is no 'global default outbound CallerID' setting at this stage.

Thank you. I notice that using HMP drivers, it takes somewhat longer for VG to recognize if the person answered. Thre is a long delay from the time I say hello to the script running.

Is there a setting to help tune that responsiveness? Or is this becaues dialogic boards processed in hardware and just were faster at recognition?

Usually the sound quality of VoIP connections is not as good as traditional analog or digital connections, and hence the AM/Live detection usually does not work as well on VoIP.

Would not expect for any significant delay to be caused by the recognition being done on CPU rather then hardware.

There are some settings on Dialogic driver level that you can use to alter the way the recognition is triggered, but would not recommend trying to change them. No-one has reported that they were able to improve the AM/Live detection by changing them.

My outbound dialing is now detected my voice consistently when I do answer the phone. I am having some trouble with Answering machine so I wanted to see if there is any help for DX_CAP settings. Here is my situation:

1. Calls go through and get answered by answering machine (voice mail).

2. In the line status monitor, I can see that the correct script for Leave Message On Ans Machine is activated.

3. My script detects that it is answering machine but I only hear a short 2 second recorded blank message rather the message I have recorded to play back in my script.

3. The call hangs up after 100 seconds consistently.

Are there any DX_CAP settings that deal with Answering Machine End of outgoing message?

I just started a new topic related to the answering machine detection as this thread was starting to cover too many topics. The new thread has not been approved by the moderator but it includes traces and some settings that dialogic proided to me directly.