VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Sending Email

i have evaulation copy of VG 7.0 , i'm trying to discover the whole features of it before i buy it...when i try to send email via email module i fill as follow:

to: xxxx@xxxx.com

subject: test

Body: abcd...

in send method1:

i select use SMTP

SMTP server : smtp.gmail.com

I Tick use authentication for SMTP

i put SMTP port

and i enter Login/password for my account on the smtp server.

the script execute the steps successfully but i didn't receive the email... is there any missing action...

thanks,

Could you please post a copy of VoiceGuide's Debug Trace which captures the call, this will allow us to see what happened.

Debug Trace files are created in VG's \log\ subdirectory.

Please post the traces and the VoiceGuide script used.

When posting traces/scripts please .ZIP them up and post them as attachments.

We'd need to see the vgEngine trace.

You can also use Wireshark to see what is happening with the IP level - you can then trace the SMTP interactions themselves.

Trace shows:

171312.465 20 email send error. <to>m.khader@motabei.com</to><subject>test</subject><guid>15c38e72-7219-48ba-b170-cfc75c5af442</guid> System.Net.Mail.SmtpException: The SMTP server requires a secure connection or the client was not authenticated. The server response was: 5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS command first. m2sm1810140wer.13

at System.Net.Mail.SendMailAsyncResult.End(IAsyncResult result)

at System.Net.Mail.SmtpTransport.EndSendMail(IAsyncResult result)

at System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.SendMailCallback(IAsyncResult result)

Looks like you need to use authentication on the SMTP connection - ie. you need to specify the login and password in the Send Email module, and ensure that the "Enable authentication for SMTP connection" box is checked.

hi there,

the authentication is there (UID & Pwd), and i checked the checkbox as you can see from scripts...

i try to use one method with authenticate SMTP and the second alternative method without authentication, maybe because of that you see that error...but even when i use the authenticate method i can hear the played message on success which indicate success sending the email but i didn't receive it.

thanks,

Can you use WireShark to capture the IP packet trace of the attempted trace?

Please post the trace of just the SMTP packets that are exchanged and .ZIP up the trace before posting.