VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Connecting Asterisk + Voiceguide

Hi,

I am doing a project of designing VOIP based IVR using VoiceGuide. I have no idea about connecting VoiceGuide & Asterisk. I am using asterisk as my PBX.As they mention,HMP3 has to be used to connect these systems.But i have no idea about how and why it is used in this system.I have already designed a simple IVR system for my testing purposes. All these things are connected in a local area network which is VOIP based. It is mentioned that, “VoiceGuide v7.x can be used to handle SIP and H.323 calls over the network, without the need for any hardware cards”. Is it possible? If it is possible, what are the steps to solve this problem. Also may I know the correct procedure in step by step about connecting voice guide and asterisk and HMP3 all together.That will be very useful for me.

Hi,

Thanks a lot for reply my previous problem.

Can u please check this XML code is correct or wrong. Before that i will send my network configuration.

Asterisk Server IP - 192.168.0.10

VoiceGuide installed machine (Virtual Machine using vmware with a bridge connection) IP address - 192.168.0.6

Created extension- 300, Password-abc123

This is my XML code

- <VoIP_Registrations>

- <VoIP_Registration>

<Display>IVR</Display>

<Protocol>SIP</Protocol>

<RegServer>192.168.0.10</RegServer>

<RegClient>300@192.168.0.10</RegClient>

<LocalAlias>sip:300@192.168.0.6:5060</LocalAlias>

</VoIP_Registration>

</VoIP_Registrations>

- <VoIP_Authentications>

- <VoIP_Authentication>

<Display>IVR</Display>

<Realm>asterisk</Realm>

<Identity />

<AuthUsername>300</AuthUsername>

<AuthPassword>abc123</AuthPassword>

</VoIP_Authentication>

</VoIP_Authentications>

I created this XML but it dosen't work (connect)

That means if i am try to dial 300 from another SIP phone it says "Service Unavailable"

Hi,

I found some what better solution than the first one after editing config.xml. The voiceguide was connected with the asterisk. Now the out side call also established and connected well. But in the VG LINE STATE window displayed "playing the .wav" file. But there is no sound hearing according to the script. I have attached a LINE state window snapshot with this. Can u please check whether it is correctly connected or wrong and any idea about the no hearing problem.

work.bmp

VoiceGuide installed machine (Virtual Machine using vmware with a bridge connection) IP address - 192.168.0.6

HMP is not supported on vmware virtual machine that you run inside Windows. You need to use ESXi.

You can try using WireShark (www.wireshark.org) to see if the RTP sound packets are sent out of the HMP/and received at the softphone's IP address to confirm exactly what is happening. Most likely you will see no RTP packets.

We would recommend installing HMP/VoiceGuide on its own physical machine or and ESXi instance (make sure no other VoIP software is installed).