VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Recording Cut Off Very Early

Hi,

I have VoiceGuide 5.2.5049 and use it with the Way2Call HiPhone Desktop Lite VoiceModem. I've used this modem for other projects so I know it works. ALL I want is a simple digital answering machine. Play a message, beep, record, hangup. (then E-mail the .wav file to an address). The whole thing seems to work EXCEPT that after the welcome message plays and then the "Beep", I can only speak for roughly 6 seconds and the modem hangs up. No matter what (even if I scream into the calling phone) the modem hangs up the 6 seconds. The .wav files are ALWAYS the exact same size each time so it's VERY consistent behavior. I can hear myself start to talk about 1 or 1.5 seconds before the end of the .wav file so I know that the modem is hearing me (kind of soft, but certainly audible). I'm using the sample GoToVoicemail0001.vgs from the website and other than the early hangup, things seem to work great.

Q1: Anybody know what might be going on?

Q2: Can I use the VoiceGuide Version 7.X with this modem or am I stuck with V5.X?

Thank you in advance!

Jim

Q1: Anybody know what might be going on?

Most likely the system's silence detection level is set too high. Have a look in VG.INI to change the silence detect level.

Could you please post a copy of VoiceGuide's Debug Trace which captures the outgoing call, this will allow us to see what happened.

Enable logging by setting the log levels to 10 in VG.INI as per below:

[Log]

VoiceGuide=10

NumberLoader=0

VoicemailManager=0

EmailSender=0

TapiWrapOcx=10

SapiWrapOcx=0

Then make a test call which demonstrates the problem.

Debug Trace files are created in VG's \log\ subdirectory.

Please post the traces and the VoiceGuide script used.

When posting traces/scripts please .ZIP them up and post them as attachments.

Please also include the recording.

Q2: Can I use the VoiceGuide Version 7.X with this modem?

No.

Hello,

You were correct, the silence levels were set too high for my setup (10, the default, was masking the actual voice signal). Everything seems to be working fine now and I'll be purchasing your product.

Thank you again for your insight!

Jim