VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Rings And Hangup With Dialogic

Two questions:

How can I set the number of rings before answer (VG5.0 and Dialogic D/4PCI)

Before upgrading to v5 if an incoming call was hung up, the dialogic card immediately disconnected, now it waits till the end of the script. When I upgraded to v5 I took took the opportunity to use new server with fresh install of W2k /SP3 and reinstalled dialogic drivers.

Everything seems OK in the v5 installation (save for above) scripts work well except for the hanging up the line problem. Two issue I have noticed which may or may not have a bearing on this:

If I have the script editor open (even with a different script) I cannot get another script to run and answer a call before closing the script editor.

On the VG Configuration utility, selecting a line ont the dialogic card and pressing the Properties button has no effect.

Now discovered how to change the number of rings before answer, still have the hanging up problem though. Should I be considering a complete re-install? or is there a setting I am missing.

How can I set the number of rings before answer (VG5.0 and Dialogic D/4PCI)

When running VoiceGuide select View -> Line Device Config

Before upgrading to v5 if an incoming call was hung up, the dialogic card immediately disconnected, now it waits till the end of the script.

Maybe the card's drivers have not yet been set up to detect the busy tone correctly? Please see: http://voiceguide.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=599

If I have the script editor open (even with a different script) I cannot get another script to run and answer a call before closing the script editor.

To set a line to use another script select the line who's script you want to change then use File -> Select Script from the VoiceGuide menu.

On the VG Configuration utility, selecting a line ont the dialogic card and pressing the Properties button has no effect.

The Dialogic (and more and more of other drivers) do not seem to support the function to go to the Config screen directly any more. We will probably remove this button and just allow user to reach the config screen by pressing the Add/Remove button and selecting the driver manually.

Maybe the card's drivers have not yet been set up to detect the busy tone correctly? Please see: http://voiceguide.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=599

I have gone through the details in this topic, but so far without success. At present, if I pull the plug ie disconnect the phone line the dialogic drops the line immeditely (this, from what I read appears to indicate that there is no loop current drop on the line?) Yet prior to upgrade/re-install everything worked perfectly. This is a standard BT supplied UK line. Is there a setting anywhere which would enable/disable LCD?

Looks like the BT line is not doing the loop current drop on end of call, or that the Dialogic's "Minimal LCOFF" (LCOFF = Loop Current OFF) setting is too high - please see Dialogic's TSP Configuration's "Call Parameters" tab.

To Open Dialogic's TSP Configuration: open Control Panel’s “Phone and Modem Options” applet, select the Advanced tab, select the Dialogic Service Provider and then click Configure.

The default setting is 50, which indicates Loop Current must be off for at least half a second before it is reported by the Dialogic card. you can try reducing this to a low value like 10 and then save and restart the PC.

Can you find out for how long do the BT lines drop the current after the call is finished? Do the drop it for a little while only or until the next call comes?